My Intro

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I live with my s/o, and we are expecting our second child, my dd is almost 18months old and I'm due with our second on march 22. My s/o has two other children from previous relationships, my dsd is 19yrs old and lives with his ex-wife up the street from us, my dss is 12 and lives in another province with his mom.

We've had quite a few issues since the begining, my s/o had held of telling me about his children and by the time he got around to telling me about them I was already 3months pregnant--if I hadn't of been pregnant I wouldn't have stayed but at this point that is besides the point. He told his kids about me and the baby when I was 7months pregnant so the first time we met I was very pregnant, his son took it very well but his daughter had a really hard time with it--and we spent nearly a year with being angry and trying everything to break us up (like telling me that he's seeing someone else-saying things to him etc) She didn't even meet her sister until she was two weeks old (I did mention that we live about 10 houses apart) Anyways many many months later we seem to be doing pretty good (she actually brought a friend over and sat down and talked for a few hours a couple of nights ago when my s/o wasn't even home!)

Now we have the great joy of telling her again that we are expecting--I sure hope this doesn't mean that we are going to go through the same thing. My dss has already said he wants another sibling so I'm fairly certain he will be happy with it. (by the way we only see our dss in the summer which he spends with us)
August 16th, 2006, 01:11 PM
CrazyFrog
Welcome to the board and congrats on the pregnancy! We are so glad you are here and look forward to getting to know you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search