For those of you with stepkids...

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2005, 02:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, I just want to hear some of your thoughts on this one. In case you don't already know, my DH has full custody of his three kids. I've been raising them for over 6 years now. They see their mom once a year and she only calls them every few months. We have two boys and one girl and it's no secret that the little girl has always been her favorite. So here's the thing:

Will Jr. will be 10 on Sunday. Tony will be 9 on October 11th. We got a big envelope in the mail today from their mom. She sent birthday cards for Will Jr. and Tony with money in them. Which is good, since they haven't heard from her for a couple of months. But she also sent Monique a card with money in it. Her birthday was in June and her mom sent her $50 then. The boys didn't get cards with money in them on her birthday. Does anyone think this is fair to the boys at all?

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
September 22nd, 2005, 03:19 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How old is the little girl? Maybe she thinks she is to young to understand why the other two got money and not her?

September 23rd, 2005, 07:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She's 7 years old. I think that is more than old enough to understand, don't you? My DH said he's going to call their mom and tell her to stop doing it because it's not fair to the boys. They had to walk around the mall with us when we took her to spend her birthday money. And they didn't have any to spend. DH said he's not sure what he's going to do with the money, yet, but he's not going to give to her to spend!

</a>
September 24th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah that does seem old enough to understand. Maybe put the money towards something she needs, like clothes, shoes, doctor costs?

September 28th, 2005, 05:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by SHoward@Sep 22 2005, 04:42 PM
Will Jr. will be 10 on Sunday. Tony will be 9 on October 11th. We got a big envelope in the mail today from their mom. She sent birthday cards for Will Jr. and Tony with money in them. Which is good, since they haven't heard from her for a couple of months. But she also sent Monique a card with money in it. Her birthday was in June and her mom sent her $50 then. The boys didn't get cards with money in them on her birthday. Does anyone think this is fair to the boys at all?
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

wait so the boys got cards with money..and the little girl got a card with money? What is the part that is not fair the time? Liek you are saying the boys just got money now but not on their birthday, but the little girl got a card with money on her birthday. Maybe the mom didnt have the money on the boys birthday but she sent it when she had it?

I don't think its fair to not give the little girl the money if the mom sent it for her..especially if the boys got money and got to spend the money they got from mom, late for birthday or not. But I do understand the timing looks shady, I can imagine the boys may feel slighted since they didn't get the money on the 'special day', does mom make a habit of being on time for monique's stuff and not for the boys, thats not fair at all if she does.

September 28th, 2005, 06:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by babies+Sep 28 2005, 07:59 AM-->
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-SHoward
Quote:
@Sep 22 2005, 04:42 PM

wait so the boys got cards with money..and the little girl got a card with money? What is the part that is not fair the time? Liek you are saying the boys just got money now but not on their birthday, but the little girl got a card with money on her birthday. Maybe the mom didnt have the money on the boys birthday but she sent it when she had it?

I don't think its fair to not give the little girl the money if the mom sent it for her..especially if the boys got money and got to spend the money they got from mom, late for birthday or not. But I do understand the timing looks shady, I can imagine the boys may feel slighted since they didn't get the money on the 'special day', does mom make a habit of being on time for monique's stuff and not for the boys, thats not fair at all if she does.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/b][/quote]

Sorry but I don't think you read it right. The boys are getting the money in time for their birthday! Monique got the same amount of money on her birthday. The boys didn't get money for Monique's birthday. So, why is it fair for her to get money on their birthday? (their mom is always trying to get Monique things without getting anything for the boys. we are trying to teach them that they are all equal. if one of the three is getting gifts for no reason, how is that fair?)

</a>
September 28th, 2005, 11:26 AM
magilatuzzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to magilatuzzi
I think it is totally unfair to the boys. THey each (All 3 kids) should get $ on their bdays only, not on a sibling's bday!

DS Drew, 04/94, DS Braden, 10/97, DS Nick, 07/99, DD Danika 07/06, DD Gabriella 11/07,
DSD Rayelle 03/97, DSD Seryna, 06/01
</div>
September 28th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by magilatuzzi@Sep 28 2005, 01:26 PM
I think it is totally unfair to the boys.* THey each (All 3 kids) should get $ on their bdays only, not on a sibling's bday!
[/quote]

Thank you. That's what DH told their mom, too. She might understand one of these days. (Did I mention that she only sees them about once a year?)

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search