Home Remidies

Forum: Green Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Green Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2008, 05:57 AM
whiplash's Avatar Veteran
Chapped Lips
Place a warm wet tea bag (plain black or green tea) on your lips for 5 minutes.

Migraine Pain
When you feel the warning signs of a migraine coming on take 2 Alka-Seltzer in a half cup of water then lie down for 30 minutes. It works because each alka-seltzer contains 325 milligrams of asprin

Ear Infections
To cure an ear infection and pain of ear infection both for anyone of all ages, even infants, use garlic oil. Just break open a capsule and pour it in your ear. Lay down on the opposite side for a few minutess so it can drain in good. About 20 minutes later the pain should be gone and the ear will not bother you again, but it is good to do a second time after a few days just to be sure.

Swollen Varicose Veins

Use Butcher's broom. It inhibits inflammation and constricting blood vessels, which shrink the swollen varicose veins. It is used both internally as well as externally and is available in various forms wherever herbs are sold.

Posion Ivy (or oak or sumac)

Use 2 Tablespoons of the herb jewelweed tincture and a 1/2 cup of vinegar to relieve the itch.

Bee Sting
Mix baking soda and water, to make a paste, apply to affected area.
August 21st, 2008, 12:47 PM
Snakes-n-Snails
Great remedies!
August 25th, 2008, 04:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We've used baking soda paste on stings more times than I can count. It works so well! I even used it on an unknown prick once. I stepped on some sort of tiny thorned plant, I have no idea what, and it caused my foot to swell up horribly and itch like you wouldn't believe. The baking soda paste helped reduce the irritation. It still took almost a week to look like a normal foot again, but the baking soda helped.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search