My School

Forum: Green Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Green Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2008, 04:24 PM
whiplash's Avatar Veteran
I am a part time student at a local college, and they are so NOT green.
And it makes me feel uncomfortable

There are no recycling bins in the classrooms - the only one I've seen is in the library.

We could have recycling bins in the cafe/lounge

So far, thats all I can think of. This summer was my first term, I am on break now, and go back September 2nd. I plan on asking the librarian whats up with this, she seems very knowladgeable on a variety of topics. And I am hoping she can help me in guiding my school to be more eco friendly.

Anyone else in school?
Is your school eco friendly?
If so - how?
August 21st, 2008, 04:32 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont' go to school now but the place I did my undergraduate work at was very green!

They had recycling bins all over the place. Also, there were 20,000 people on campus and 18,000 registered bikes. Our largest lecture hall there seated 800 people. There were probably enough bike racks outside the lecture hall for 900 bikes. You couldn't get to any part of campus by bike and believe me, everybody rode them. If you were walking in the bike bath between class times you would get ran down. Even the proffesers rode bikes there.

In addition, many of the students who attended were greeen. We shopped at teh local coop bought hemp clothing from the hemp shop, walked or rode our bikes everywhere, you were considered a horrible person if you were seen with a paper coffee cup (everybody used reusable). We even had people sit in the trees they wanted to cut down in the neighboring community. And the local businesses provided those people free food while they were in the trees.

I miss that place.

August 25th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not enrolled currently, but none of the schools I've attended were green in any way that I could see. My new school that I'll be started at in January is online which at least saves on paper and gas. Well, it's an online branch of the state university so I don't know about the school as a whole.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search