Your favorite natural health/beauty products

Forum: Green Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Green Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2008, 02:59 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I checked out "the complete organic pregnancy" book from the library and have been reading it again (I read bits of it a year ago) and I'm starting to go with more natural products. I just feel better if I am reducing the amount of chemicals I'm exposing my baby to.

What do you use that is natural or organic? I have been using a more natural shampoo and soap for awhile, I don't recall the brands. Then I went yesterday to buy Burt's Bees chapstick, some Burt's Bees tinted moisturizer (to use as concealer), and some Kiss My Face deodorant. I don't think the deodorant is going to work out though.

August 23rd, 2008, 10:40 PM
whiplash's Avatar Veteran
Face soap for me - Desert Essence, with tea tree oil
August 24th, 2008, 05:55 AM
Venti Cappuccino's Avatar Member
Send a message via Yahoo to Venti Cappuccino
Kiss My Face tinted moisturizer
KMF Sudz soap
Desert Essence or Giovanni hair products (but you have to be careful with D.E. shampoos- some have parabens)
I use homeopathic remedies for ailments.
Funk Butter for deodorant! http://oyinhandmade.com/oyin/index.php?mai...p;products_id=7

AP momma to Little Man, 12/04, and Princess, 2/07
Lovin' my Hero Cop for over 5 years

</div>
August 24th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Snakes-n-Snails
Our favorite brands are Burt's Bees and California Baby.
August 25th, 2008, 03:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You can always stop using deodorant and use something like baby powder instead. That's all that my mom has used for years and she never stinks.

August 25th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Snakes-n-Snails
Oh yeah, I use Tom's of Maine deoderant and like it. At first I had some BO issues (TMI, I know) but now that I've been using it for a while it works just fine. I just clean and exfoliate my armpits every day and no stinks at all.
August 25th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Yea I use Tom's toothpaste too...I really really like it!

I will stop buying deodorant...I dont know why I use it, I don't notice a difference the days I am rushing and forget to put it on! lol
August 25th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Snakes-n-Snails
We are going to buy the Tom's toothpaste next time. Do you like it? I have heard mixed reviews on it.
August 25th, 2008, 12:11 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
We use Tom's toothpaste. I like it! We have the spearmint anitcavity kind and the then cinnamon gel stuff. I forget what it is called. I use one in morning and the other at night I just ordered us some Tom's deodorant too, can't wait to use it! I was using Alba organic deodorant (i think is the name) it works alright, I'm hoping Tom's will be better.

Other products I like/use are Burt's Bees mainly lotion, body wash and massage oil, can't wait to use it on our baby I love the smell. Tom's body wash. Giovanni hair products, thinking of trying something new next time, I like it but it leaves my hair knotty I like my hair being soft and silky.

August 25th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I really like it. I think my teeth always look clean, and my mouth seems really fresh

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search