QOTD 8/24

Forum: Green Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Green Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Snakes-n-Snails
What kind of car(s) do you drive? What kind of gas mileage do they get?
August 24th, 2008, 07:04 PM
~~Katrina~~'s Avatar My other car is a TARDIS
I wish I could say I drive a green hybrid...but I can't. I drive a gas guzzling Toyota Sienna. However, I rarely drive more than 15-20 miles per week. I only have to fill up with gas once a month, so I don't feel too guilty.

Thanks Kristy (*Kiliki*) for the awesome siggy!!

August 24th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well I do not have a car right now. My dh has a Scion XB and it has really good gas mileage.
August 24th, 2008, 09:21 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
I really wanted to get a hybrid, but unforunately we didn't We have a Santa Fe, only car we have. We needed the bigger car for moving cross country and a family car. I don't know the mileage off hand, DH drives it to and from work M-F and we occasionally run up the block to the grocers on the weekends.

August 25th, 2008, 04:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Our car is a Hyundai Elantra that gets just shy of 30 miles per gallon. We don't use it often though. Actually as little as possible. We still want to switch to a hybrid when we can, but right now we just can't afford it. DH has to drive a diesal truck for work and I know that gets horrible mileage. The company doesn't give anybody a choice though unfortunately and he goes through around $300 of diesal a week, sometimes more.

August 25th, 2008, 06:06 AM
likelooptid's Avatar ~Ramah~
Send a message via AIM to likelooptid Send a message via Yahoo to likelooptid
We have a little beater Honda that is alright on milage and then we have a Dodge pick up that I try to use as little as possible. I'd love to trade it back and get something more fuel effecient but it's so upside down at this point we can't.
August 25th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Snakes-n-Snails
I drive a Chevy Trailblazer that guzzles a lot of gas. It gets 14 or so MPG. DH drives a Chevy S-10 and it gets 25-30 MPG, so it's better. We don't drive the Trailblazer much because of its gas guzzling.
August 25th, 2008, 10:08 AM
whiplash's Avatar Veteran
I drive a Nissan Murano - for a smaller SUV I think its really great on gas, not sure of the exact miles per gallon.
August 25th, 2008, 12:28 PM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
We have a Toyota Matrix that gets 32 mpg highway.
August 27th, 2008, 04:08 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love my Honda Civic. I am getting anywhere from 32 to 40 mpg. It depends on what kind of gas I get and how many highway miles I drive.

Dh is driving a Toyota Avalon. I'm not sure what kind of mileage he gets. It's lower than mine but still decent.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search