Menstrual cups - getting a free one, so tell me about them!

Forum: Green Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Green Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
On twitter the other night I saw a post saying that a company that distributes menstrual cups in NZ, is giving away free menstrual cups to the women of Christchurch, because a lot of us are still without sewage - and that while all the boxes say not to, lots of women put their tampons down the toilet, and with our chemical toilets we've been given, they can't go in there.. and obviously they aren't a nice thing to have sitting in the landfill.... SOOOOOOO I emailed the lady & she sent out a cup for me! I'm really excited!

I'm not sure what the brand is etc, but it's free - so I don't really care! I've obviously never used one before, but was wondering if those of you who have/do could tell me about it & give me any tips?

March 29th, 2011, 08:02 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
I love mine! I have a Diva cup, and it's so easy to use! I took a little bot of an adjustment period to get it positioned to where it was comfortable, but now it's great!

That's so great that they are doing that for you all!

March 30th, 2011, 06:28 AM
marmeeof5's Avatar Host of Green Mommies
Woo-Hoo! That's great! I love mine too. I don't wear it at night. I wear a cloth pad to give my body a break. Like Heather said, it does take some practice to get it positioned right when you first start wearing it, so if it's uncomfortable, take it out and reposition it. I can't think of any other tips, but if you have specific questions, just ask!
~Mary~ "Marmee" to Tiffany(29, married to Bill. Mommy to Karabeth- born 8/07), Christina(26), Heather(24, married to Bryce. Mommy to BE, born 3/09, Conlan, born 9/10 and a girl due 7/13), Ashlee(21, married to Matt, Mommy to Gunner, born 8/12), & Rebecca Joy(15)

March 30th, 2011, 12:23 PM
meghan.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never got to get to the point where I loved mine because I got pregnant shortly after buying my Diva cup, but I do intend on using it after I get my period back after breastfeeding.

Keep trying different ways to insert it. What works for others may not work that well for you, so just be creative and keep trying!
April 1st, 2011, 07:46 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
thanks for the replies.. I got it the other day & it's a femmecup, I can't wait to use it lol. The whole insertion thing is a bit daunting, but I hope it won't take too long for me to get the hang of it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search