Quick update on me & the girls

Forum: Green Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Green Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Sorry I've been so absent, but my internet time is a bit more limited than usual right now.

We're still living with my parents - although we have power via a generator at my house, it's not enough to heat the hot water, and also we are unable to use our toilet - so have to use a chemical toilet, which isn't really a lot of fun with a 4 year old who has a thing about toilets! We should be back on mains power by next weekend though, so once that has happened we'll be headed back home - we've been here for 5 weeks now, and I really feel like we're outstaying our welcome.. of course Mum & Dad would never suggest that, but I feel bad for disrupting their lives so much... AND I MISS MY BED

The girls are both doing really well, Emersyn has changed SO much in the last 5 weeks, she's now saying "Mama" & "hi" & "yay", she's started commando crawling & is really close to proper hands/knees crawling - and her personality is REALLY shining through now. Gaby had a bit of a hard time after the quake, but seems much better now - she is still a bit anxious when it comes to leaving me... for the first time since she started, last week she didn't want to go to preschool.. that's big - she didn't even cry when I left her there alone on her first day, back in 2007! Her preschool has restricted access, so they've opened up in the church across the road... it's a relief that they found alternative premises!!

& I'm good... It's been nice having this extra time with my parents, and being 'looked after' to an extent - but I think Mum has also appreciated having someone to help out with the cooking (bar the fried sausages that my Dad cooks.. lol) & cleaning. I have a feeling she'll cry when we leave

My niece is now over a month old & we still haven't met her it's really hard having them so far away, and my car being somewhat unreliable on long trips.. but hopefully they will come up for a weekend soon.. I can't wait for a Bronte snuggle!

& before I go, I just wanted to share a couple of photos of the monsters.. i mean, the girls

i love this photo of Emersyn

& here she is looking a little less silly

& Miss Gab showing off her new PJ's

& me & my princess

March 29th, 2011, 07:58 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Awww sounds like you all are doing great! Thanks for keeping us updated! I love the pictured of your girls! They are beautiful!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search