OT! Bryce Eric's Birthday pics!

Forum: Green Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Green Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2011, 07:53 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
So I was already posting these in his playroom, so thought I'd go ahead and share them here!

I had the hardest time trying to decide what the theme should be...Bryce Eric has so many "favorite" things...So I did a combination of trains, and the zoo/wild animals

Making/decorating the cake (My mom and my two younger sisters)

We also had two home made apple pies in honer of my DH's b-day (3 days before BE's)

The finished product! I made fondant (rolled icing) to cut the shapes/letters out of. The wheels on the train are mini Oreos, and the puffs of steam are mini marshmallows.

Opening his first present of the day!

A pair of sunglasses just like daddy's (We let him open them that morning so he could wear them to the zoo, and then we forgot to take them with us!)

Checking out the decorations...

The really cool Happy Birthday banner that my mom made!

At the Smithsonian National Zoological Park in DC!

Riding on daddy's shoulders

Party time! We served dinner; meatball subs, apple slices with fruit dip, carrots/celery sticks with ranch dip, and chips.

"Helping" with the candles on daddy's pie...

Admiring his cake! He was so cute about it! When he saw it for the first time, his eyes lit up, and he said "WOW!". From that moment on, it didn't matter what anyone else thought of it, because he loved it!

Blowing out the candles!

Present time!

There were a lot of kids crowded around him...and they all wanted to help! Fortunately, when you're two, you don't know any different if someone opens one of your gifts!

This was the special gift daddy made for him! A hand carved pistol!...He loved it!! Oh, and he's wearing his new shoes too! Some people probably think it's strange to give a two year old boy shoes for his b-day, but he seriously loves shoes!

After all the presents were unwraped and things started settling down, this is where I found him...

...with pistol and tractor in hand!

We had a great time. Lots of friends (24 total! 13 adults and 11 children! better turn out than I expected!) and he got a bunch of really cool gifts! He was one tired boy by the end of the night!

March 30th, 2011, 06:19 AM
marmeeof5's Avatar Host of Green Mommies
It was wonderful!!! I LOVE that little guy!
~Mary~ "Marmee" to Tiffany(29, married to Bill. Mommy to Karabeth- born 8/07), Christina(26), Heather(24, married to Bryce. Mommy to BE, born 3/09, Conlan, born 9/10 and a girl due 7/13), Ashlee(21, married to Matt, Mommy to Gunner, born 8/12), & Rebecca Joy(15)

March 30th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Thanks for coming out and celebrating with us! We love you too!

March 30th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing them here Heather!!! I love the cake and him sleeping under the jumper, he looks tired. Looks like a great time!

I should stop in the PR sometime, I've been gone a long time. Our little man Nathan is 2 today!! I'll try and post a picture of him. He's a doll and finally hit 20 lbs, so he's my peanut. We are having his party on Friday night with the Grandparents. We are also telling them we are expecting, or rather making them guess Since it's April Fools anyway, Andy is going to tell them we're expecting and also remind them it's April Fools, but we'll tell them before the night is over. I'm 15 weeks so I'll try and suck it in one last time...it's getting tougher, hehe.

Sorry to take over Heather!

March 30th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Aww! Happy Birthday Nathan! We would love to have you stop over in the PR!

Love the April fools idea I hope you have a great day celebrating!

March 31st, 2011, 06:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Heather, I'll let you know how it goes. Only one set of Grandparents called for Nathan's birthday, the other one's and two Great Grandma's didn't call him or forgot. Makes me sad , but he had a good day with us anyway!

April 1st, 2011, 06:19 AM
marmeeof5's Avatar Host of Green Mommies
Happy birthday Nathan!!! I just posted on facebook that when a woman announces she's pregnant, asking her if it's an April Fool's Day joke is as wise as asking a fat lady when her baby is due! I would not be brave enough to do it!!
I am so naive and we don't play AFD pranks, that I would innocently turn the tables and spread the word of her pregnancy far and wide in joyful anticipation!!! heehee

I am so happy for you! I would have welcomed many more children, if the Lord had given them to me! I pray the party goes well!!!
~Mary~ "Marmee" to Tiffany(29, married to Bill. Mommy to Karabeth- born 8/07), Christina(26), Heather(24, married to Bryce. Mommy to BE, born 3/09, Conlan, born 9/10 and a girl due 7/13), Ashlee(21, married to Matt, Mommy to Gunner, born 8/12), & Rebecca Joy(15)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search