Moving Update

Forum: Green Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Green Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2011, 05:42 AM
marmeeof5's Avatar Host of Green Mommies
Hi everyone! We are packing, packing, packing! We closed on this house on April 1st. (no joke!) And we have to be out by Easter weekend, so I'm not as active on here as I'd like to be. I try to get on each morning and keep up with what's going on.

I'm starting to get excited about going home! It's a bit stressful to be going back and have to make a mortgage payment within 15 days when I don't have a definite job lined up. I'll have to start working right away cleaning houses. So much for getting settled! My daughter and son-in-love (Da Greek's Wife) that live in my house down there found another place to live and they are moving out the same week we move back in. I'm happy for them, but that means I will have no time with my granddaughter. That REALLY makes me sad! I loved our early morning time whenever I went for a visit. It will always be a special memory.

My daughter Christina and my friend Sandy are flying up here on the 16th to help pack that last week and so that Christina can say goodbye to all her friends here. She still lives at home, but has been in FL for 8 weeks or so helping Tiffany (Da Greek's Wife) recover from her two broken arms. I'm sorry we won't be there to help her pack and move and get settled in her new place!

My other daughter and son-in-love (Birth Doula To Be) are coming with their sweet boys to help us pack and drive the U-Haul truck to FL. I don't know what I'd do without them!! I'm just praying for a smooth transition!!!!

Just 3 weeks from now, I'll be living in FL again! Sunshine and warmth, here I come!
~Mary~ "Marmee" to Tiffany(29, married to Bill. Mommy to Karabeth- born 8/07), Christina(26), Heather(24, married to Bryce. Mommy to BE, born 3/09, Conlan, born 9/10 and a girl due 7/13), Ashlee(21, married to Matt, Mommy to Gunner, born 8/12), & Rebecca Joy(15)

April 12th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I really hope the move goes well hun - I'm really really needing to find a new place, but the thought of all that packing is putting me off

April 13th, 2011, 05:25 AM
My suggestion is pack what you can now. We packed up a bunch of stuff a year ago to de-clutter the house to sell it, and I am amazed how we didn't need alot of that stuff. We are going back through those boxes and purging again! I still have a long way to go though!!! I am a saver, trying to simplify! My thoughts and prayers are with you! <3
~Mary~ "Marmee" to Tiffany(29, married to Bill. Mommy to Karabeth- born 8/07), Christina(26), Heather(24, married to Bryce. Mommy to BE, born 3/09, Conlan, born 9/10 and a girl due 7/13), Ashlee(21, married to Matt, Mommy to Gunner, born 8/12), & Rebecca Joy(15)

April 13th, 2011, 07:25 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Take a deep breath...it's all going to be ok!

I can't wait to see you in about one week!!!

April 14th, 2011, 05:15 AM
me too!!!! I got my "tractor" tuned up and I'm going to take BE for a ride!!!!

April 15th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! Sounds like you have a great family helping you out...what a blessing!

April 18th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Update: We are down to the last week and some exciting things have happened!

I finally got my taxes done and they found a problem that gave me a $300 bonus for EACH of the last THREE years! I'm going to be able to get a NEW washer and dryer in FL!!! I'm so excited because we recently went on sewer and our water bill tripled, so I need to save where I can. Then my return for this year was FOUR TIMES what it normally is! It's a God thing! That will pay for the move and give me a little time to unpack at the other end!!!

I've sold alot of my furniture and bookshelves, so things may be a little disorganized for awhile until I buy new (used) ones or have shelves built.

Then the youth pastor announced in church that we were moving and it's expensive and he is taking up a love offering for me to help with moving expenses! I will be able to pay my son-in-love's gas too!!!!! He has been so wonderful to come and help and I know it will be a blessing to have gas money!

Can you tell I'm getting excited????

And best of all.... my grandblessings will be here in 3 days!!! Woo-Hoo!!! I better get back to packing. There is still much to do!

April 18th, 2011, 09:01 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~

April 19th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
God sure works His ways! I'm happy things are going so well Marmee. Prayers from WI for a safe trip fo you all!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search