Busy Days

Forum: Green Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Green Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2011, 05:52 AM
marmeeof5's Avatar Host of Green Mommies
I forgot how busy life is with a baby in the house! I have been babysitting a 3 month old for a month now. My youngest daughter is homeschooled and her 8th grade workload is huge. We are finally settling into a routine. Or so I thought!

Now... My daughter is engaged!!!! And we are planning a "green" wedding! We are going to try to keep it small (by our standards), which means hopefully no more than 100 people. And most of that is family! We have a little over 3 months to plan, as the wedding is going to be New Year's Eve!

It is going to be outdoors at my sil's home. We are going to use real china and silverware and hopefully glasses. We have almost enough china and are going to borrow the rest. Someone gave us silverware that I will have to add a little to. (216 forks, but only 83 spoons and 66 knives...) I was so proud of her for saying, "Mom we are green and then we're going to pay money for a bunch of disposable stuff to go in the trash?!?" True!
If anyone has ideas, let me know!

Other than that, green life is chugging along. Our trash cans have been amazingly light. We have 4 but most weeks only use 1-2. We are just not buying packaged food. I have found a source for raw milk and grass fed beef that are pretty reasonably priced. We don't buy paper towels or napkins or many plastic bags, mostly just freezer bags to put up what I get at the produce market and from the garden. We are all carrying reusable lunchbox containers and coffee cups and stainless steel water bottles. The compost bin is happily doing its thing. I am still thrilled to be back in FL!!! I am getting ready to plant my fall garden as my northern friends are starting to till theirs under and prepare for winter. I won't miss that!!!

Life is good and we are happy! I have missed you all! It's good to be back!
~Mary~ "Marmee" to Tiffany(29, married to Bill. Mommy to Karabeth- born 8/07), Christina(26), Heather(24, married to Bryce. Mommy to BE, born 3/09, Conlan, born 9/10 and a girl due 7/13), Ashlee(21, married to Matt, Mommy to Gunner, born 8/12), & Rebecca Joy(15)

September 18th, 2011, 06:49 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to have you back!

I am so ready to be wherever our permanent duty station is so that I can have a garden. Next summer I am going to help my Aunt with their huge garden (like I always used to) and with canning and preserving since I get to be home for 3 months, but it just isn't the same as having my own.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

September 18th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Wow you have been busy, that's awesome about the green wedding!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search