cloth or paper (disposable)?

Forum: Green Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By magz88

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Green Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2012, 02:25 PM
roving_gypsy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What do you use in the kitchen for towels, paper towels, napkins, etc?

how about the bathroom?

What about tissue (for the nose)?

wipes/diapers for the baby?

Anything else I'm forgetting.

__________________________________________________ ____________

We are just about a year into being a paper towel free home. Hubby never thought it would be possible.

The bathroom we still use toilet paper and have no plans at this point to switch to cloth.

The kids either use a cloth hand towel from the kitchen or toilet paper for their nose. I don't buy tissues, but there is a box floating around the house that has been here for over a year since hubby's parents last visited. lol

No more babies in our house, but I kind of wish I had thought of it or tried it when I did have babies.

Ask me about dōTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils!

Or click on the picture above to visit my Facebook page!

May 18th, 2012, 03:46 PM
somo_chickenlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We use almost all cloth in the kitchen. We keep a roll of paper towels for bacon and to dry off raw chicken, but one roll lasts us for MONTHS. I have tons of cloth hand towels, dish towels, etc. Dishes are all washed by hand with a wash cloth. No sponges here, either. When we are done with a load of dishes, the cloth goes into the dirty bucket and a new one is used next time. Counters are wiped off with clean wash cloths.

I made us 20 cloth napkins with a serged edge. They are really soft, and so far don't stain, even when we eat tomato based foods.

In the bathroom, I use flannel washcloths that I made for washing my body, and flannel toner pads that I made for when I use toner, and we have hand towels to dry our hands off after we wash them. The only paper product is toilet paper, and I will never get DH to switch. I don't really desire to, either, honestly.

We do still use tissues for blowing our noses.

We will use cloth diapers for any foster babies and toddlers we get, as well as cloth wipes. We will have to use disposables during visits, though.

Click on my blinkies!!

**thank you SO much to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy
and to CupcakeJamie and Niamh ૐ for my blinkies!!**
May 18th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Hand towels to dry in the kitchen. Napkins rarely... In the bathroom it's toilet paper, I don't buy anything for blowing our noses. I don't use wash rags in the bath, just our hands and then a towel to dry.

Disposable wipes and diapers. I've never bought cloth diapers but I've always wanted too. I tried to make my own wipes but that didn't work out I really want to move to family cloth!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

May 18th, 2012, 08:01 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Cloth in the kitchen, toilet paper - no Kleenex, we will have cloth diapers, I will probably do cloth diaper wipes and toilet paper to wipe baby.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search