Alternative Canning Jar lids

Forum: Green Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By roving_gypsy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Green Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2012, 08:33 PM
roving_gypsy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
While I've been looking for more ways to use my canning jars I came across some awesome lid ideas.

I just bought these, they are a flip top kind; great for on the go and for use with straws and what not.
reCAP Mason Jars | The Original Pour Caps for Mason Jars

I want to make some of these, these lids are the ones with a whole and grommet, so that you can insert a straw. Here is a link for ones already made, Canning Jar Drink Lids and Straws Mason Jar by PoppyandPearlCo
and a link on how to make them! the chick n coop: Mason Jar Spill Proof Cup

Then here is the lid I talked about in the other post for the hot/cold drinks, it's the sippy-type top. I don't have any of these, but the idea is neat!
Cuppow!

Here is a neat lid, it is for sprouting sprouts in jars, but I can totally see using it as a shaker lid!! Sprout Lid: Sprouting Jar Strainer Lid for Sprouts by Handy Pantry but the holes may be too small to shake anything out of it. Besides, I have heard the regular Parmesan cheese lids will fit on a canning jar, which I plan to try just as soon as I use up all of my Parmesan cheese... or I guess I could just transfer the cheese into a jar now... lol

That is all I have found so far in alternative lids for canning jars, have you guys run into any other ones?

The only one I didn't post about was the solid plastic lid, I use them for the jars I keep my milk in, but they leak (the ones I've tried from walmart). So I wouldn't plan to use them long term for much.

Ask me about dōTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils!

Or click on the picture above to visit my Facebook page!

May 25th, 2012, 01:56 PM
roving_gypsy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Got my spill proof lids in, they are awesome sauce! The only thing is there is a little o-ring seal for each lid, which I'm afraid of loosing, but besides that, I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of these. Right now I have one on a quart jar with my tea and one of my new glass straws and it's working wonderfully. But before I put the straw in there I closed the lid and tipped it over and it held well, no leaks to speak of!
magz88 likes this.

Ask me about dōTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils!

Or click on the picture above to visit my Facebook page!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search