Friday Five

Forum: Green Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Green Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
from thefridayfive.livejournal.com

Seasons + Nature

1. What is your favorite season?
2. Do you do anything special to acknowledge the change of seasons?
3. Planning to do any planting this year?
4. What is your favorite plant and why?
5. Do you prefer your garden / outdoor space in spring, summer, fall or winter and why?

July 27th, 2012, 09:33 AM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. What is your favorite season? It used to be summer but now that I'm going through my second pregnancy lasting all summer I think I'm gonna have to say fall.

2. Do you do anything special to acknowledge the change of seasons? Not really.

3. Planning to do any planting this year? Not allowed to plant anything where we live and every time I tried planters everything dies.

4. What is your favorite plant and why? Whatever my black thumb can keep alive.

5. Do you prefer your garden / outdoor space in spring, summer, fall or winter and why? I do prefer how our outdoor space LOOKS in the summer, but it's just too hot to spend anytime out there right now (there are flowers out there, we just can't change them out or anything). I enjoy sitting out there the most in the spring and fall. Really looking forward to cooler nights so we can go back to having dinner outside.

July 27th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
1. What is your favorite season? Fall always feels the most colourful, fresh, and magical to me.

2. Do you do anything special to acknowledge the change of seasons? I'm Pagan, so yes, I mark key points on the Wheel of the Year when I can. I always do Samhain (Hallowe'en), Yule (midwinter) and Imbolc (Candlemas), and whichever of the others I feel drawn to do. Usually involves things such as simple rituals, lighting candles and making wishes or prayers, or for Yule, burning a Yule log.

3. Planning to do any planting this year?
Not really, we have a mature garden anyway and it's been too much hard work being pregnant through spring and summer.

4. What is your favorite plant and why?
I love lavender. We have 2 types in the garden though it's not doing so well this year and may need replacing last year. It looks and smells gorgeous and can be brought in and used in oils/infusions/medicine bags in the winter when people have colds and runny noses! I believe it can also be used in cooking though have never tried.

5. Do you prefer your garden / outdoor space in spring, summer, fall or winter and why?
Spring and fall because it's pleasant to be out without being too hot or cold and there is still plenty of greenery and plenty of colour out there.

July 27th, 2012, 10:24 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. What is your favorite season? Autumn
2. Do you do anything special to acknowledge the change of seasons? Not anything I can really think of, but what a neat idea.
3. Planning to do any planting this year? Yes, our garden is in full bloom - tomatoes, basil, pole beans, bell peppers and squash.
4. What is your favorite plant and why? Hmm, never thought about it! Probably rosemary - all year long it gives such a great tasting herb and it's so easy to grow.
5. Do you prefer your garden / outdoor space in spring, summer, fall or winter and why? Summer for sure! I love the long days of sun and how it makes everything burst with life.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search