Cloth diaper recommendations

Forum: Green Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rinchan
  • 1 Post By w292737

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Green Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Veteran
I was on the cloth diapering board reading the reviews but I still can't make up my mind on a brand. And I felt a little awkward asking there because they have an entire subforum devoted to reviews.

Basically I'm 37 weeks pregnant. And I need to get cloth diapers because, well I'm hitting full term next week and it's getting kind of last minute. I was going to go disposable for the first few weeks because I got so many disposables at my baby showers. But then over the past week I really thought about it, did research, and decided to go ahead and primarily cloth and save disposables incase I need them or for a baby sitter because no one in my family will put up with cloth diapering.

So any brand recommendations? I am leaning towards Bum Genius or Fuzzibums. I need something easy for my husband because while he is fine with cloth diapering, he's not exactly thrilled with it. I wouldn't mind some prefolds though.

Also, what accessories would you recommend?
August 11th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
This is one thing I don't do I'm afraid. So have no clue.

I tell you what though, there are TONS of ladies planning to cloth diaper on the August DDC. I bet they could give you some good recommendations. And babies started coming en masse in July, so some of them are already using them!! I haven't seen you over there, wouldn't you be part of our DDC if you're almost 37wks?

August 11th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Veteran
I'm due August 31st so I joined September's DDC. I'm convinced that he is coming late XD That and this is a bit shallow, but want a September baby because it's my favorite birth stone. :O
Carwen*Angel likes this.
August 11th, 2012, 11:58 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can always return the sposies and get gift cards/cash for them

As for cloth, I didn't cloth until Dd was around 9 months old but I am told the first few weeks you want to use prefolds because they go a lot more, it's nastier, and they are kind of at an awkward size at that point.

Some diapers I loved though are fuzzibunz, rumparooz, and thirsties. Also, although the velcro is easier, if you are getting one size I recommend the snaps. Because it takes a lot longer for them to figure out how to take off the snaps than the velcro-I learned that from experience

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

August 12th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinchan View Post
I'm due August 31st so I joined September's DDC. I'm convinced that he is coming late XD That and this is a bit shallow, but want a September baby because it's my favorite birth stone. :O
Fair enough!

You could still pop over to ask if you wanted to, though. The ladies are really friendly and wouldn't mind.

August 12th, 2012, 09:00 AM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There's no answer as to what works for you. I recommend for people to get a few that appeal to them (don't over think it!) and try it out. I do think that prefolds with newborns is easiest because they don't need the smallest size for all that long.

And please ask away on the CDing board! We love to talk CDs.

October 26th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Happy Mommy
don't commit to one brand. check them all out, including the WAHM brands
magz88 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search