Struggling this week

Forum: Green Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Green Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2012, 03:06 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I'm still fighting off some sort of bug and am SO tired. Struggling with my sleep, the previous 3 nights I've been waking up to express between 1-3am, then Michaela's been waking for breakfast at 6am. So have had very broken and not adequate sleep for someone who's also tired from anaemia. Have a few appts (blood test, one with the nurse re my stitches as one has not dissolved/fallen out and is a little sore) and jobs and things going on this week. And then on top of all that Michaela is quite demanding during the day. She's managing to sleep through from about 11.30pm to about 6am, which is great, but then wanting to feed and have attention more during the day. So 9 times out of 10 at the moment, it feels like when I get online I either have a baby in one arm or one hand is needed for expressing. Add Daniel into the mix as well, who is exhibiting "babyish" and challenging behaviours and needing a lot of reassurance so it's pretty chaotic once he gets home from school. And then am going to bed SO early (though Shaun let me sleep in this morning and I'll be doing the late shift tonight) mostly.

So I'm here a few times a day but mostly reading and maybe making the odd post. I also do visit FB again mostly to read or play SongPop which I can do one-handed and uses v little brain power. Hope you're all ok and thought I'd just let you know why I'm quiet. Have absolutely zilch inspiration for new topics and I hope you can forgive me that for now, I'll post up something if I think of it.

September 25th, 2012, 07:16 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I know how it feels to be a sick mommy! Im busy too with the boys in school and Raini wanting to wake up at all hours of the day, she has an upper respiratory infection and isnt sleeping well and makes mommy not sleep well, not to mention when she is sleeping im awake doing the breathing check...

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
September 26th, 2012, 06:42 AM
awww poor Raini, get better soon lil miss x

September 27th, 2012, 12:38 AM
somo_chickenlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You just described me this week also! Last night through today has been the worst so far. Like you, I haven't been sleeping more than a couple hours at a time, so my sleep isn't restful. Today I managed to get up, but I slept on and off all day on the sofa, half in and out of helping DS with his home school work. DH and I usually have date night on Wednesdays while DS is at youth group at church, and it is one of the only two days a week that I get out of the house, so I always go. Today, I felt so bad that I considered not going. I drug myself out anyway, and DH started feeling that way when we were out.

I hope you feel better soon!!

Click on my blinkies!!

**thank you SO much to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy
and to CupcakeJamie and Niamh ૐ for my blinkies!!**
September 27th, 2012, 03:16 AM
xxx

It's starting to affect my DP now too. I don't know whether he's coming down with what I have, or whether it's just the effect of trying to take too many of the night feeds to help me get more rest, which then doesn't work out anyway.

Michaela didn't even sleep through last night, it appears she's now going thru a growth spurt and needing more food, so he was up practically all night with her and is now in bed, while I'm sitting downstairs with 3 layers on under a blanket with eyes and nose streaming. This is NOT good. All we need now is for both kids to catch it as well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search