s/o: Green home?

Forum: Green Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Green Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2012, 12:01 AM
somo_chickenlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How green is your entire home?
Other than cleaning products, do you use any other green products in your home?
Do you use mostly reusable items?
What disposable items do you use?
If you use disposable items, do you recycle them?

Click on my blinkies!!

**thank you SO much to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy
and to CupcakeJamie and Niamh ૐ for my blinkies!!**
September 27th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
How green is your entire home? Very green in some respects and still working towards in others.
Other than cleaning products, do you use any other green products in your home? Energy saving bulbs. Recycled toilet tissue, envelopes, stationery etc.
Do you use mostly reusable items? Mostly.
What disposable items do you use? Nappies (diapers) and wipes, mostly.
If you use disposable items, do you recycle them? We recycle what can be recycled: paper, card, glass, plastic, tin.

September 27th, 2012, 12:01 PM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How green is your entire home? I don't think it's all that green as a whole, but compared to the average american family we're fairly green!
Other than cleaning products, do you use any other green products in your home? We cloth diaper, use reusable products as much as possible (cloth baby wipes, cloth napkins, utility clothes instead of paper towels, etc), energy efficient light bulbs, reusable bags for all of MY shopping (can't get DH to remember them lol), buy used,e tc.
Do you use mostly reusable items? Try to where it's reasonable for our family.
What disposable items do you use? We use disposable diapers at night (he gets blisters whenever we use any type of cloth at night), paper towels (but takes us a good 2-3 months to go through one roll), toilet paper, baby wipes (only used when out of the house). I think the rest of our trash is pretty much just packaging from food and other items we buy that we can't recycle here.
If you use disposable items, do you recycle them? If the local recycling accepts them we do!

September 27th, 2012, 03:39 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
How green is your entire home? Fairly green.

Other than cleaning products, do you use any other green products in your home? I don't do 'products' so much. We eat some homegrown vegetables, I buy food in season, a good portion of the furniture was bought used, I am careful with water use and energy use. We use barrels to collect rain water for the garden.

Do you use mostly reusable items? Generally, yes.

What disposable items do you use? TP, qtips, razors, jcloths, scrubbies for the dishes. I have some disposable diapers that were gifted to us. I plan on using them when we go to the gym and other situations like that.

If you use disposable items, do you recycle them? The above examples aren't really recyclable (except maybe the razors but I wouldn't put them out since they have blades).

ETA- we also use disposable swiffer wipes.

Last edited by magz88; September 27th, 2012 at 03:44 PM.
September 28th, 2012, 08:35 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
i wouldnt say we are too green, i do try.

Other than cleaning products, do you use any other green products in your home? um... well we grow our own herbs and veggies for use. we'd like to get some apple trees. most of our stuff is second hand stuff if that counts. most of mine is cleaning supplies really.

Do you use mostly reusable items? i make them reuseable

What disposable items do you use? diapers and wipes.

If you use disposable items, do you recycle them? no for diapers lol but i save the wipe boxes for storage for the kids, they think its a treasure box. i also make wipes to put in there to keep in the car. I save and reuse alot, containers from food if it can be used, we make alot of recycle crafts here out, specially tp rolls, got a plethora of those.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
September 28th, 2012, 10:25 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
Other than cleaning products, do you use any other green products in your home? All DH's personal hygiene is green except his toothpaste and shaving cream. Body wash, lotion, thicker lotion, deodorant...
Do you use mostly reusable items? Other than paper towel yes.
What disposable items do you use? paper towel, toilet paper, kleenex, Solo cups on occassion
If you use disposable items, do you recycle them?Alas the recycling here is terrible. We recycle plastic (only certain numbers, which pretty much works out to drink containers, the rest ends in the trash), paper and cardboard. Everything else is considered trash. Really really bugs me, since where I grew up it's much different. Glass can go into the plastic trash, but only if you've sanitized it first (yes you read that right)... I feel it rather counter productive to boil my trash and then throw it out.
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search