Litter

Forum: Green Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 1 Post By somo_chickenlady

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Green Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
What's it like for litter in your area?

Are people generally tidy, or do you find litter in the streets, parks, etc?

If you saw someone drop litter in the street or park, what would you do?

September 29th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I can't stand littering. I think it's a VERY disgusting thing to do.

People up here on the hill (we live on a huge hill) are very trashy, literally. Since there is no trash service we have to care for it ourselves. There are PILES of trash on the 5acres here and we need to get a dumpster to clean it up. It's from the previous owners. The 11 acres barely has any trash thank goodness. We burn our own burnable and have a compost for the food. For cans/glass we will take those into town.

The other people on this hill... they don't really care. Their yards are just filled with trash piles, it's truly disgusting.
somo_chickenlady likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

September 29th, 2012, 04:30 PM
somo_chickenlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthy Mama View Post
I can't stand littering. I think it's a VERY disgusting thing to do.

People up here on the hill (we live on a huge hill) are very trashy, literally. Since there is no trash service we have to care for it ourselves. There are PILES of trash on the 5acres here and we need to get a dumpster to clean it up. It's from the previous owners. The 11 acres barely has any trash thank goodness. We burn our own burnable and have a compost for the food. For cans/glass we will take those into town.

The other people on this hill... they don't really care. Their yards are just filled with trash piles, it's truly disgusting.

It's the same here. Every yard has piles of trash in it, and some of them are REALLY bad. We have a garbage burn area out behind our house, and it has a few aluminum and tin cans in it that were accidentally thrown away, but that's it. We otherwise save everything that can't be burned down, which includes glass, aluminum, and tin. We need to get around to taking it all to town to be recycled. All food scraps are given to the chickens and outdoor cats to eat.

If I saw someone litter, I would just pick it up and throw it away.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

Click on my blinkies!!

**thank you SO much to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy
and to CupcakeJamie and Niamh ૐ for my blinkies!!**
September 30th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Eww, that sounds horrible ladies. I can't believe you have to put up with that.

Here, it's not so bad in the residential areas. But when you go out for the day walking round the public footpaths or even the parks you do see litter just thrown around the trees or at the side of the pavement/road. Daniel and I will do a bit of litter picking if we have time, and I talk to him about why we don't drop litter, why it's bad for the environment and wild animals - I use it as a teaching point for him. I've never actually seen anyone drop litter but knowing me, if I did, I'd say something - especially if it was a kid who stood a chance of breaking the habit. If it was someone who I thought might turn on me or get aggressive, I'd probably go pick up the litter, tut loudly and shake my head, and throw it in the nearest bin.

September 30th, 2012, 09:42 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
It's pretty good here. There are lots of garbage cans everywhere in our city. You will find litter in ravines and out of the way places where people party or vagrants sleep and there tends to be a bit after the winter thaw but the main areas are very clear.

I have seen out in some of the rural areas lots of garbage that people just drop off - it's terrible.
October 1st, 2012, 08:35 AM
alwayssmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In my neighborhood it's great since it's a military base and you either follow the rules or talk to the commander and/or get kicked out.
Out in town it's not too bad here. Yes, there is liter but you have to actively look for it to see it. I haven't seen anyone dropping liter out in public since moving here, but I'm the type to just pick it up if it seems safe enough and move on.

June 22nd, 2013, 08:12 PM
Veteran
I live in a popular tourist area in, so it is very clean and well landscaped. There are mostly communities, and they have strict rules about trash. You rarely see litter anywhere. If I saw someone throw something on the ground? I would pick it up and throw it out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search