Planned/Unplanned?

Forum: Single Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Single Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2010, 07:51 AM
Veteran
Just curious how many of your LO's were surprise babies.... and if any of them were planned?

My DD was definitely the surprise of the century, LOL - but I would go back and do it again a milliion times
June 23rd, 2010, 07:52 AM
First baby, single @ 39
An unplanned miracle seeing as how I was told I could never conceive w/o fertility treatments and even then was told odds were NOT in my favor! So I'm in LOOOOVE!

June 23rd, 2010, 07:55 AM
Declyn&Me's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i've said it once i'll say it again...planned? you dont plan babies, babies just happen.

not planned, wouldnt change it.

although i always thought id be a single mom. i have a hard time picturing being with someone forever. i know its just i havent met "the one"

Thank you Graysmama!!
June 23rd, 2010, 08:08 AM
melshipp's Avatar Co-Host of Single Mommies
Send a message via Yahoo to melshipp
Unplanned, but I also wouldnt take it back! Im so in love and I cant imagine not having him in my life for 1 second!

Big Big Thanks to SugarPie Landen for my siggie!

June 23rd, 2010, 09:02 AM
Love My Joey's Avatar Super Mommy
unplanned and loving EVERY minute of it...I want to hurry up and meet someone so I can have another one LOL (that one would be planned of course...just wanted to clarify).
June 23rd, 2010, 09:06 AM
Proud Happy Single Mom
Unplanned. I never thought I'd be a single mom but now that I have done it I think I could do it again. I want more kids so I think by the time I'm 30, if I havent met anyone then I might use a donor to have at least 1 more child, although I really really don't want kids that far apart in age
June 23rd, 2010, 09:19 AM
TaraakaMom's Avatar CoHost Survivors of Abuse
Send a message via MSN to TaraakaMom Send a message via Yahoo to TaraakaMom
Unplanned on all of em lol

The greatest love, is the love of a child
June 23rd, 2010, 11:17 AM
missmich
My baby was a surprise. It's very exciting for me though.
June 23rd, 2010, 02:31 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
Definitely both were surprises.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
June 23rd, 2010, 02:47 PM
Veteran
I agree with a previous post - you can never "plan" for a baby... even when there is "planning" involved. My SO and I plan on having at least one more baby (it would be my first with him... he isn't my DD's FOB). But, we both want to wait a few years.... and I'm okay with that!
June 23rd, 2010, 03:07 PM
maybaby's Avatar Generally Crispy
i call Finley my beautiful surprise-- of course no regrets, wouldnt change a thing!!!
i never really thought id be a single mom either, or have kids for a few years.
lol, my mom and my sister didnt believe me that i was prego. haha

she swam through a ring of fire to be here-- i was on b.c. and we used a condom-- her personality definitely reflects that determination and 'fire' inside her.

but good God i love her more than anything in the world-- being a new mommy, i am still amazed at how much love i have for her!
June 23rd, 2010, 03:25 PM
lala2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lala2007
Yep I would have to say my baby girl is a big wonderful blessing. It was my first time ever having sex and than came my little lady. I do not regret her at all. : )

Thank you so much Alethia
June 23rd, 2010, 03:43 PM
anika's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
both kids were highly unplanned LOL. Arrie was the first, and I seriously thought I had the flu because everyone I knew was getting it but still something in the back of my mind was like nope you're eggo is preggo. and then with Addison I pretty much knew when I got pregnant but pushed the thought out until my period was late and my friend urged me to take a test and bam! bad boy had two lines before I could even put the cap back on. but, I wouldn't change anything. I love my kids and I think having to raise them alone has taught me how to be self-sufficient and I found I'm capable of wayyyy more than I ever imagined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love My Joey View Post
unplanned and loving EVERY minute of it...I want to hurry up and meet someone so I can have another one LOL (that one would be planned of course...just wanted to clarify).
I totally agree!! I look at Addi and I'm like ugh I'm ready for another one. maybe even 2 more if I'm married before I'm 30. I see myself having one more at least but of course not unplanned and not out of wedlock again. I'm infamous for that stunt
June 23rd, 2010, 04:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommy2lilman Send a message via Yahoo to mommy2lilman
Frederick was unplanned. His father I don't believe ever wanted kids. I always did. I still want 2-3 more kids with the right person.

Eta: I never thought I'd be a single mom. And I believe I got pg in April and had no clue I was pregnant till basically June.

Last edited by mommy2lilman; June 23rd, 2010 at 04:31 PM.
June 23rd, 2010, 04:45 PM
my.estrella's Avatar Ashley
Unplanned. 100%. I was also told I would have a difficult time becoming pregnant because of my kidney disease and IF I did become pregnant, that wasn't the end of the battle.
June 23rd, 2010, 06:23 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
Sophia was "sorta" planned, we were trying since April 07' and then stopped in july and I went on birth control, by august we were pregnant Eden was definately not planned, but not prevented either she was a "heat of the moment" baby.

ETA:: I never figured I would be a single mommy either, hence the marriage

June 23rd, 2010, 11:16 PM
4wildflowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to 4wildflowers
All of mine were planned. My first was more of a lack of prevention .... we knew we wanted to have a baby, but weren't necessarily planning on right then. We weren't using BC though, so in a sense, it was planned.

My kids.....
Jake 13
Shane 9
Brynne 6
Claire 4

June 23rd, 2010, 11:22 PM
Love Leigh.'s Avatar Love My Girls ♥
Send a message via MSN to Love Leigh.
"Eggo is preggo" Hahahaha! I love that, Anika! You crack me up.

Definately planned. I'm having an IUI baby! I used an unknown donor.

Credit to claire1979 for the amazing siggies!
June 24th, 2010, 11:53 AM
iMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby wasn't planned, per se, but wasn't really unplanned either. FOB and I were sleeping together without using protection for a year (he was aware that I wasn't taking birth control, but didn't seem to have a problem with it at the time). I've always been really responsible with condoms/birth control before being with him, but we were living together and I cared about him so much that I was sort of living in this fantasy world where I thought that one day we would end up together. I never thought that having a baby would make him want me more, but part of me always thought that maybe this was something he wanted too, since he knew the risks of what we were doing and knew I wouldn't have an abortion. Turns out he was just drunk and horny. After a few months of our sleeping together, it actually got to the point where I would wait for my period, and then be disappointed when it came.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search