Gardasil? xposted

Forum: Single Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Single Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just got back from getting my third and final shot in the Gardasil series. So I pose this question to you.

When your child is old enough, do you plan on getting them vaxed against HPV (the Gardasil vax)?

If they're of age already (older than 9), will you or have you already started?

If you need more info, check it out here: GARDASIL [Human Papillomavirus Quadrivalent (Types 6, 11, 16, and 18) Vaccine, Recombinant]

#1, 4, 5, 7

Last edited by Mom2LillieAidan; July 27th, 2010 at 11:44 AM.
July 27th, 2010, 11:58 AM
fulloflove's Avatar I love being a mommy!
Oh wow.. I don't even know. We usually do our vaccs according to schedule. Is there any controversy surrounding this one?? well im sure theres lots lol

this AMAZING siggy was made by Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*!
July 27th, 2010, 12:05 PM
I personally haven't heard any controversy, but, like you, I too am sure there is PLENTY.. But on this one, after looking at the risks, I personally think the benefits far outweigh the risks.

And unlike alot of vaccines, it does not contain a live virus.

#1, 4, 5, 7
July 27th, 2010, 12:28 PM
oh ok. I beat myself up all the time for not being as active as other moms when it comes to vac research.

July 27th, 2010, 12:32 PM
And of course, AFTER I myself get it, I discover that there been numerous deaths caused by it.. What the heck!!!

#1, 4, 5, 7
July 27th, 2010, 01:27 PM
what timing!! lol.. you'll be fine!

July 27th, 2010, 01:54 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
I've had it...had no side effects. Yes there is plenty of controversy..but when isn't there???? In my eyes..how often do you get a vaccine that can prevent cancer? JMO..I'm not 100% I'll vaccinate my girls yet..but all I've heard on JM is negative facts on this vaccine

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
July 27th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
I will not give my daughters...if I have any...this vax. There have been several deaths from it, several nerve disorders such as gillian barre...which my grandmother has... There are also been severe reactions that the FDA dismisses as "coincidental" such as my sister's reaction to the first shot. If a female has already been exposed to any of the four viruses that the shot protects against than the chance of that virus developing into cancer will increase between 40 and 60% as a result of getting the shot. If you remember initially when the shot came out it was imperitive that the Dr ask if the person was a virgin or they would not administer the vaccine. Now they say it is fine. Bologna. Sorry. That is my rant for today.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

July 27th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Hey... Where's Perry?'s Avatar Darnit face
I don't have any girls, but if I did, heck no!!
July 27th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
my girls will not be getting it unless they choose to when they are of age (18)

July 27th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Hey... Where's Perry?'s Avatar Darnit face
My gyn office doesn't even carry it and my internal med doctor didn't even recommend it.
July 27th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Laura56's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
NO WAY! Cervical cancer is preventable with routine pap smears. As long as you are getting pap smears annually you normally won't get cervical cancer.. it is a VERY slow growing cancer and is normally caught well before it is cancer. There is just too much controversy (and death or neurological disorders) surrounding this vax for something that is pretty preventable. Now by the time Aliana is old enough to get it things may change with the vax or whatever... but as of right now.. NO!

July 27th, 2010, 05:49 PM
4wildflowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to 4wildflowers
No, my girls won't be getting it.

My kids.....
Jake 13
Shane 9
Brynne 6
Claire 4

July 27th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I have no idea - and still have 10 years to decide (they start it at 13 here).. by that time hopefully there will be more evidence on the success/risks of the vaccine, so I think I'll be able to make a more informed choice then.

I do like the idea of it though... but don't know enough about it yet to be pro or anti it

July 27th, 2010, 11:47 PM
marleyandme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, I don't like the idea of it at all,
and I found out there giving it at our schools now! Which I find absolutly ridiculous, you can still say no to it, which is what I'm going to do,
I have a hard time trusting newer vaccines, until they've been around for awhile, and REALLY show they work, so MAYBE since it will be awhillleee before I need to decide, but as of now I'm saying no.
It's the same to me as the H1N1 vaccine, and I got enough flack for not getting that while I was pregnant..

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the gorgeous siggy!
July 28th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
I refused that one for me and Danny as well. He had H1N1 and was running around playing with no fever and some diarrhea. That was it. It is so much gentler than the regular flu and I don't vax for that either. An educated prediction is not enough for me to give it to my son...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

July 28th, 2010, 03:29 PM
My 12 year old daughter was disabled by Gardasil. Her doctor highly recommended it and I trusted him. For more information about the adverse effects of Gardasil, go to TRUTHABOUTGARDASIl.ORG.

For more information, email me at TruthAboutGardasil at Charter.net.

Investigate before you vaccinate. The life you save may be your child's.

Fact: 18,6000 adverse reactions and 76 deaths attributed to the HPV vaccines according to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). 278 cases of abnormal pap smears - post vaccination also reported. Numbers reflect only 1 to 10% of the population reporting.

Adverse events are life changing and debilitating for most injured women: blindness, autoimmune including, MS, BGS, Lupus, Chronic Fatigue; paralysis, seizures, brain fog, encephalopathy, ADEM. May girls have had to drop out of school - many ended up in the ER with prolonged hospitalizations - and in rehab to relearn basic skills.

The girls who died - literally dropped dead.

In the FDA's 2008 Closing Statement on Gardasil it was noted that 73.3% of girls receiving the vaccine would develop new medical conditions. Only 1/3 of girls finish the vaccine series according to the CDC.

FDA documents also noted that if a woman is previously exposed to HPV and receives the vaccine her chances of getting cervical cancer increase by 44.6% with Gardasil and 32.5% with Cervarix.

A group of 6 women representing international countries presented research and date to the FDA in March on the potential dangers of the HPV vaccines - and our concerns fell on deaf ears.

Meanwhile the numbers of deaths and injuries continue to rise around the world...and will continue to do so since Merck is mutating their HPV vaccine into a new brand - India is developing their own vaccine - making it impossible to track adverse reactions and deaths abroad.
Spider123 likes this.
July 28th, 2010, 04:55 PM
I had to go look this up. Now I recall seeing commercials for this. It would have to be her decision when she's old enough to decide. As for myself, probably not.
I thought we where talking about routine vaccs duhhr jen.

July 28th, 2010, 06:32 PM
My daughter was also severely sickened by the Gardasil shot. Risks are NOT worth the rewards! We had an article done in our little town and 2 other mothers called me because their daughters had the same problems! This is pure poison. It causes fibromyalgia, migraines, back aches, brain fog, vision problems, mood fluxuations, dizziness, pulsations, chest pains and much much more! My daughter had to be home schooled half of the year because she was too sick to go in to school. They have not proved this to be effective at all. In fact it is sickening more girls than can be counted and they have NO proof that it does aid against cancer.

I would advise strongly against!
November 11th, 2013, 01:51 AM
I refused the injection and my mother accepted it. If I ever have a daughter, she does not get Gardasil

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search