Resources for Super Single Mommies

Forum: Single Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Single Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2011, 09:27 PM
my.estrella's Avatar Ashley
PLEASE do not post any replies to this topic until I give the OK. I'm going to reserve a few spots for future information.

Here are some great resources for if you're ever in a bind and need a little extra. These are all for US organizations, if someone knows the ones for Canada or other countries please PM me and I'll add them to this post. Same thing if there is something in particular you're looking for but can't find it, send me a PM and I'll do my best to help.

I will try to add to this on a regular basis and try to make it as organized as possible so when/if you need it you can find it.

General

American Public Human Services Association
Human Services Agencies listed by state. These are your first and best contacts for everything. Legal aid, child support, food stamps, housing, utility assistance etc etc.

Gov't Benefits, Grants, Financial Aid
This is a great listing of all the different types of assistance available. There is even an eligibility tool to help you find out what you may be able to receive.

211 is a volunteer based organization that has a lot of listings for assistance that you local Human Services may not. This includes food pantries, churches, car repair, and even medical.

Food

WIC
SNAP (Food Stamps)

Housing
It is a good idea to check with your local state agency first. This will likely save you time in the long run, and you may find more relevant information. If you need emergency housing assistance check with 211.
HUD and Section 8

Child Support
Agencies by State

School and Work
US Department of Labor
FAFSA

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search