Ugh! Why me?

Forum: Single Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Single Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2011, 09:42 PM
joey_emmysmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
My new friend I was telling you ladies about is working out of town and thought he was going to be able to come home for us to go out on Saturday but nope he will be working. I finally meet someone that I really like and he seems to really like me and seems to be a great guy that all my girlfriends and family like (which has never happened) and he's going to be gone for awhile. He has a 1 year contract 5 hours away from here and he is working 16 -18 hour days. He just got the contract 2 weeks ago but thought he would still be able to come home this weekend to see his kids and we could go out but I know if I'm disappointed then I know his sons are really upset.
He says he is hopeing to be able to come home in a few weeks cause he is looking forward to us going out. He says we can keep flirting though cause he likes that he is able to put a smile on my face and he likes when I put things on my facebook status that only he knows is for him. He is such a dork.
It's so weird for me to feel like I do since he is nothing like the guys I usually like. I showed my mom his picture and she was like he's cute I said he looks nothing like the guys I usually date she said maybe that's a good thing lol I love my mom. He's a white guy and I have never dated a white guy even though I am one of the whitest girls you will ever meet. I have never been attracted to any but I think with him it's different cause we actually started talking on facebook instead of face to face I feel like I have gotten to know who he is and am attracted to that more then anything.
Sorry if I'm rambleing just don't have anyone to talk to about this since we haven't said anything to our friends yet all they know is we have asked them questions about each other.
thanks for listening ladies.

September 14th, 2011, 12:15 PM
orrickster's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to orrickster
Aw that's kinda sucky! Long distance relationships are really tough. I've been in a couple myself. They didn't last, not because of the long distance. They're worth it when it involves a good guy though! Does he work a lot of weekends? Is that why it won't be a few weeks before he can visit?

I get the whole "he's nothing like I usually date" kinda thing. But sometimes it's a good thing. Even if it doesn't work out, you gave it a shot. And maybe that big of a change is just the ticket. Sounds like he makes you happy!

Good luck and I hope it works out!

Steph (24)

September 14th, 2011, 12:32 PM
No he doesn't usually work weekends but since they only started this new contract 2 weeks ago he will be working weekends for a few more weeks but then hopefully he will be able to come home at least twice a month. Fingers crossed.
He does make me happy. He always says the sweetest things. And the fact that the girls I hang out with the most really like him helps too. They all hate my ex. When I told them I was pregnant they all said tell me he is not the daddy. lol
So I hope things work out I know I'm going to try and make things work even though it sucks he is going to be away alot for the next year. ugh! That's ok though we talk just about everyday. I messaged him yesterday because I hadn't heard from him in a couple of days and told him I was missing his "pokes" on facebook so he messaged me and said I'm sorry I miss it too so I'm going to try to poke at least once a day.lol I got like 4 yesterday and then 2 before 6 this morning. He knows that puts a smile on my face and lets me know he is thinking about me.
He is so sweet and one of our friends is trying to set us up with each other we haven't told them we are already talking that's what we were going to do Saturday. Oh well it can wait.
I hope things work out though.

September 14th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's great and I hope things work out !

September 14th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Thank you!

September 14th, 2011, 06:08 PM
lala2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lala2007
I hope things work out!! No one thought I would have dated and have a baby by my ex lol. Anyway its good to date otside of your norm

Thank you so much Alethia
September 14th, 2011, 08:07 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I know exactly what you mean, although I met D in person, because he lives 4 hours away, we truly got to know each other through text and phone call. I'm attracted to his soul more then his physical appearance. Our relationship is strong because we have a deep emotional connection and not based on sexual desire or whatever... He's my best friend.

I also know what its like to live so far away, but the good thing that I found is, it does force you to take things slow and really get to know each other.

Good luck with everything, I hope things work out

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
September 14th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Thank you ladies so much I was afraid to post this cause I thought I sounded selfish that I can't wait to see him but his kids haven't seen him since I have either. So I thank you ladies for not saying anything about that.
I just really hope things work out and I really want to take things slow so I know it's a good thing he will be away for awhile even though I am hating it too. lol

September 14th, 2011, 10:50 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I know, I've only been with D for almost 2 months and I miss him so much. We only really see each other every 2 weeks and I hate it I only seen him on Sunday and I'm already desperate to see him again

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
September 15th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Well I'm glad things are working out for you. I think it's great when you like someone so much that you want to see them all the time.
I just checked my facebook and I got my 1st poke and message of the day I love that. lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search