First Loves

Forum: Single Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Single Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully this isn't a touchy subject with anyone. I just kind of wanted to chat with y'all about first loves and whatnot.

So I guess the usual questions: How did you meet? How old were you? How long were you together? Do you still feel something for them? How often do you think about them?

For me, I met my first (and so far only) love on the internet through a real life mutual friend. It was one of the mutual friend's real life buddies.

I was 15.

We were together for 4 1/2 years. Talked every day from the day we met until things went south and we split.

I have never not felt something for the guy. He's the only one who makes my knees literally go weak at the site of him and I get butterflies in my stomach and lose my train of thought and all. I'm still very much in love with him.

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him.

Even if I didn't love him I was with him long enough to care about him so I'm always checking to make sure things are okay with him. Found out yesterday that he's most likely broken up with the third girl he's dated after me. None of them have lasted very long. I think this one was the longest after me and they were together since January.

I'm a bit concerned about him, I'm hoping he's not too upset about it. My best friend tells me he seems fine and that he told her he never really felt anything for her so she figured if they're broken up, he just didn't want to string her along anymore. But still, the last one he broke up with had him so upset. I went to give him his Christmas present on Christmas even back in 2009 and though he told me I could come over, when I got there, he was in tears and it broke my heart to see him like that. I wanted to find the girl and kick her butt. I'm hoping he's not too hurt over things now with this recent girl. But I can't talk to him about it.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

September 16th, 2011, 01:07 PM
orrickster's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to orrickster
I was 18 when I met my first love, back in 2005. He was a radio DJ for a station in town. For school I shadowed another DJ from that station and met Curt through him. We got together in October and in July of 06 he moved to TN for a job. In November of that year I moved down there. In July of 07 I moved back to IL. Technically that was our first break up, but we got back together days later and I was close to moving back down to TN, but he literally expected me to kiss his @ss for moving out, so I broke it off instead. Then weeks like we got back together and it was long distance again until April of 08 when I broke it off for good.

Yes, I still think about him, he was my first love and it was 2.5 years of my life. But he was such a d!ck that I do not want him back and I could honestly care less what happens to him. He was with a girl the summer after we broke up for like a month, but hasn't been in a relationship since.

He was one of those guys that thought the women should work a full time job while coming home, do the cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, cooking and everything else. He b!tched every night he came home and I didn't have dinner ready or something wasn't cleaned right (he threw a fit when I left the dishwasher open to air dry the clean dishes before putting them away because "it looks stupid open"). He straight up treated me like crap. Emotionally cheated on me several times. He would go to work early, come home early afternoon (mostly while I was working) and nap, then go back to work once I got home and he wouldn't come home till late. He worked an office job, sitting on his butt, where I worked on my feet 9-10 hours a day 5 or 6 days a week and yet his job was hard and I had no right to complain. He spent most the time on Facebook or Myspace!

I had gotten a puppy from my boss when she was 5 weeks old. I spent months getting up in the middle of the night to let the puppy out, got up early every morning to feed her, cleaned out her cage every night I came home from work (she made a mess of it everyday since she was in it for so long during the day), bought all her supplies, fed her puppy milk and soft dog food, sat by her kennel every night till she fell asleep (she didn't whine as much if I did that), potty trained her, did basically all the care taking. And as soon as the puppy got old enough, Curt came in and started telling me how to raise her. It was his way or the high way.

He treated my family like crap and tried to turn me against them, then blamed me for my family not liking him. He constantly complained that I didn't go out with my friends or I didn't have friends. Hello! I moved away from my friends in IL to TN for you and I'm not too good at making friends anyways.

Well that turned out to be a rant. My point is I don't necessarily like him. We're Facebook friends and that's it. We'll text happy birthdays. He actually text me I think Feb of this year and bout the same time last year saying "I miss you". The first one I just ignored him and he let it go and this second one I told him I didn't miss him and he needed to stop telling me that.

Steph (24)

September 16th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
Its my daughter dad.. and he is simply a jerk and i dont really care about him to be honest!. He was the worse BF ever to be honest!. We were together way to long! 4.5 years!. I only love the fact that i have this amazing child to share my life with! <3

He still a jerk to me..whenever he talks to me so could careless what happens to him.
September 16th, 2011, 06:06 PM
joey_emmysmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
How did you meet? We met at a birthday party for a mutual friend of ours.
How old were you? I was almost 14 (but very wild) He was in his 20's
How long were you together? almost 5 years. Then when me and dh split the first time I saw him a few times.
Do you still feel something for them? No not anymore the last time I was with him he hit me and that was the end. The last time I saw him was in April and we weren't together and that is what he gets mad about because I think he truely loves me and can't get over us not being together. His daughter says that he is really upset that I am pregnant again with a baby Joe.
How often do you think about them? Not much anymore I still talk to his kids (they will always be my kids they were babies when I was 14 and like I said I was wild and they calmed me down alot I grew up taking care of them as my own and they still call me mom even though thier birth mom has finally come back into thier life but they are all grown up now. The youngest is about to turn 18 at the end of Oct.

September 17th, 2011, 09:53 AM
lala2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lala2007
How did you meet? Through my sister

How old were you? I was about13 or 14

How long were you together? We were on and off for about 3 to 4 years. He. Kept going back and forth to Alabama.

Do you still feel something for them? Yes

How often do you think about them? A lot lately. He called me and text me. He told me that he was sorry for what he did (long story) and that he still loved me and he miss the good times we use to have. Hejoked about how McKenzie was suppose to be his baby. This guy was my love. He went on vacation with me and my family,he always would come over and spend the day with me. My mom liked him too but he is young and of course he has a girlfriend now.

Thank you so much Alethia

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search