Where are we now since becoming Single Mom's ?

Forum: Single Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Single Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2011, 01:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Living on our own in our apartment the changes that has occured while living here is adopting a cat who has been with us since almost 2 yrs since I became a single mom . Our cat Mr. Blackie came from a rescue . He is such a gentle cat more of a momma's cat .

Brendan Milestones - Have changed since from being 6 months to 7yrs old . He has done crawling, walking, talking, writing, school attending and reading. His writing has so much improved since last year and he excels in reading .

I have been getting more exercises and volunteering at the school libary .

I hope the next time there is Where are we now that I will be in a relationship , have a house and hopefully be able to have another child would love to have more kids .

Last edited by Mom2Brendan; September 23rd, 2011 at 01:22 PM.
September 23rd, 2011, 01:35 PM
orrickster's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to orrickster
It's been a little over a year and a half that's I've been a single mom. I still live with my parents, but am working 2 jobs and they are a huge help with Kaisen. Kaisen was 7 months when FOB and I split and now he's 26 months old, so obviously he's grown a lot.

I have been through 1 relationship since becoming a single mom. I saw him for the first time in over a month last night and I have to be honest, I miss him sometimes. I don't want to be with him, but just seeing him last night made me think of all the good times we had together.

I am considering taking some classes, but I don't think it's possible while working 2 jobs and caring for a 2 year old. I would really like to get an apartment of my own, but that won't happen until I can get a more stable schedule with work.

I am hoping to find someone soon. I'm not really looking though. I don't have any real close friends and rarely have time or want to go out, so I don't think I'll being finding anyone any time soon. Maybe he'll come along when I least expect it.

Oh and the relationship between FOB and I has improved after months of arguing. He lacks common sense and is just plain stupid most of the time, so that makes it really hard to be nice to him. But I'm trying really hard. Even though I don't want my son to grow up, I really am looking forward to the day that I will have no obligation to keep in contact with FOB.

Steph (24)

September 23rd, 2011, 11:05 PM
lala2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lala2007
It has been a year since I have been a single mom. My baby girl is talking more and trying to walkk. I have my own place and a good paying job.

I have not been in any relationships since becoming a single mom. I tried to work it out with my ex but that was something that I should have never tocuhed.

He does not come see her,call, text nothing and is in love with his girlfriend and this all happen within a year. oh well God blessed me with a beautiful Angel!

Thank you so much Alethia
September 24th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommy2lilman Send a message via Yahoo to mommy2lilman
It'll be two years come end of October that I've been a single mom. There have been times I did think about trying to work it out with little man's 'dad', but I've come to realize we just are not a priority. (He has never initiated calling Frederick or me, never sent anything, never visits Frederick, etc.)

We're about to move to a huge 3bdrm 2 ba with 1300 sf.. Im working for Norton Healthcare now too. Frederick is at a private school in preschool too. He loves it there and will remain until 8th grade there.

I plan to go back to school next summer as well.

We're not destitute anymore either like we were when I first left his 'father'.

Things are falling into place!

September 25th, 2011, 06:40 AM
joey_emmysmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
It's been almost 3 months and I haven't been able to do to much.
I have found out I am pregnant which kept me from being able to get a job so me and the kids are living at my moms house along with my sister and her 9 month old and my dad (mom& dad have been divorced since I was 9 and are not together) So the kids sleep with my mom and I sleep in the living room since my sis and dad have been here for about 2 years and have the other bedrooms.
I don't know what I'm going to do. I can't keep staying here it is to crowded.
I am thinking about asking big Joe if he will fix the back bedroom in our house (he still lives in) up for me and the kids. His mom has taken over the kids bedroom so we have one room left that no one uses so I am really thinking about asking although I really don't want to do that but don't know what other choice I have at the moment since I will be put back on bedrest on Tuesday for the rest of my pregnancy.
After the baby comes I am hoping to find a job again and then we will be fine I will be able to get a place for me and the kids I have done it before and I know I can do it again just can't be pregnant when I do it.

September 26th, 2011, 11:30 AM
RayofHope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Its been 10 months for us and alot has changed. We moved into our own place, I've lost 60 lbs, have started training for a new position at work, am taking certification courses for my job.

My son has started talking very clearly, been pottytrained, has learned his colors, letters (some), shapes.

I've started dating but am not near ready to be in a relationship at all. I need some time to find my true self as I feel like the last 8 years have been twisted with my anti-social ex and becoming a Mom. As much as I love being a Mom I do feel like I've gotten lost in it. Need to find some balance in my life.... so says the Libra!

My Daughter has learned to write her last name, and learning to identify letters, numbers, days of the week. She is having the toughest time with the split and unfortunatly still hopes for us to get back together.

Thanks Claire1979 for my Fabulous Siggie!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
September 29th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Crystal713's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal713
Wow, so much has changed in the 7 months that I have been a single mom!

My oldest is now fully potty trained (yeah we had a super tough time with him!) and going to head start 4 days a week and loving it. He is also to start couseling soon for his dad leaving. Hes taken it very hard and thinks Im going to leave him too and has gone through some seperation issues lately.

My 3 year old is now mostly potty trained, in a bunk bed with his brother, and going to start head start shortly. Hes handled his dad leaving very well and doesnt seem to be affected.

And baby Lily is now crawling and wouldnt know her father from the neighbor sadly.

My children went from having their dad around every single day playing with them and talking to them (yes, he used to be a very good father) to a dad who has moved on and wants nothing to do with them. I dont even recognize the person my ex is now unfortunately!

September 30th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
I'ts been three months almost and besides my life falling apart almost completely ( DH leaving, finding out I was pregnant, getting bugs, fighting with my landlord, throwing away and having to wash everything I own, and then eventually moving... right now living with my rents AGAIN)

I finally found my happiness, and found out FOB's is a DIRT BAG who doesn't deserve us at ALL, ready to move on and am VERY happy. All the BS that these past 3 months have been have been a HUGE blessing in disguise. I am looking forward to starting over and having this little one

When I am done being pregnant, and the baby is old enough for daycare i will be going to college and HOPEFULLY getting a job right outta college (or so I hope) I have high hopes for my life again. I also plan on getting my license and saving for a van.

October 3rd, 2011, 07:32 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I've always been a single momma, so not much has changed I did leave school and get a great job. I just couldn't rationalize student loans anymore or my quickly dropping GPA because I wanted to spend time with Max and not study (plus, I already have a bachelors in Physics and a minor in Mathematics). I would like to get a Masters in Engineering in a year or two, so I can grow farther in my company, and eventually finish my Law degree, for the personal satisfaction. However, I'm so blessed by my job, and the company is amazing. I could easily see myself staying here long term.

Also, I moved 765 miles from where Max was born and spent almost his first year, and almost 800 miles from my family. It's hard, and I'm still adjusting, but the opportunities out her make it worth it! Plus, Max has become a great traveler!

As far as finding someone, I would love to, but this area is still so new. It will all happen in God's time, and I just have to trust Him.

As far as finding some

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search