How would you feel...

Forum: Single Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Single Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
K, I know I barely post here anymore but thought this might be a more proper place for this since its about the whole single parenting and all...

How would you feel if your ex's mom posted a picture of you, your kid and ex from the hospital and a picture of him and the kid.

Background - haven't talked to him in over 3 years, no texts, no calls and no emails, NADA.
and even less from his family, they didn't even come to the hospital or asked to see her after she was born.
I was sitting browsing FB a tad tipsy a couple weeks/months ago and figured I'd add his mom just on pure boredum to see if that got any response, she accepted but didn't say anything. Hadn't it been for it showing up on the home page of mine - I wouldn't of known she had even posted those pictures. They are in the "family" album along with pictures of her dad, uncle, aunt and cousins...

September 27th, 2011, 12:19 PM
RayofHope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did she post them before or after you added her?

Thanks Claire1979 for my Fabulous Siggie!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
September 27th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Long after, she added them couple days ago

September 27th, 2011, 12:59 PM
oh, then I would say its weird and maybe she is trying to get your attention. I have experience on both ends with a niece and nephew. My niece lives with my Mom and none of her Dadís family has ever tried to see her. Didnít fight for her in court and will actually pass her by in a grocery store unless one of us walks her up to them to say hi. Donít know why they do this. We will never force her on them but its obvious they want to say hi they just wont do it unless we make the first move. She is now 8 and doesnít ask questions or anything. Now I have a nephew whoís Mom moved 6 hrs away when he was under a year old. He is my cousins baby. We would love to see him but again we donít make the effort because we feel like it is his place to do that. She has moved on and is with another man that is raising him as his own. Who are we to disrupt that? Now if we saw him walking down the street we would never walk the other way but itís a very thin line and different people do things for different reasons. None are right, none are wrong, everyone is just different. It is unfortunate for the kids.

September 27th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I don't see how it could be to get my attention when it is almost 2 months? since I added her and she just put those there and no tagging or asking if it was ok to put my picture up. I don't know.

I've come to the conclusion that as long as they are "old" pictures they may have from before then I won't care but if they add/take any new pictures then I'm gonna message her about it.

Just thought I'd hear what others would feel/do in that situation

September 27th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Who knows maybe she just came across it. I come across old pics all the time that I put them up just because. Is it one of the only pics she has of her? Iím not sure why she would do it.

September 27th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I'd feel a bit weirded out by it, but I probably wouldn't mind too much - if they were OLD photos, but if she'd stolen photos from your FB, that would be crossing the line.

September 27th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Confused proably the same way as my mom is confused while my mom's ex sister just recently friended me even tho I had talked to her before on PM when mom was still with her ex so it is interesting to be friended when we both been on facebook PM'ing each other for awhile and she was the one making the request to be friending .

September 28th, 2011, 04:07 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i probably wouldnt mind...

aarons mom copy her daughter pictures of her kids to say those are her grandbabies..i wouldnt mind if she did that with ava

September 28th, 2011, 01:20 PM
orrickster's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to orrickster
I think it is odd and confusing. If they saw you and your kid often or regularly or whatever then I'd say it makes sense. But since you said they don't see her and haven't seen her for awhile, it's kind of inappropriate and looks like she is trying to get credit for being Grandma so her friends can ooo and ahh, all the awhile not knowing that this so-called "grandma" doesn't actually see her granddaughter. Does that make sense? In your situation, I'd say it's definitely weird.

Now I would love it if FOB's mom would post a pic of Kaisen or Kaisen and FOB on her facebook. She currently has pics of ALL of her grandkids (even FOB's GF's daughter!!) on facebook except for Kaisen. Not 1 single pic of Kaisen, while she sets all the other pics of her grandkids as her profile pic. Breaks my heart for Kaisen. She's a sucky grandma anyways and Kaisen doesn't need her (not to mention my parents more than make up for the lack of grandparents on FOB's side), but still. But in my situation FOB sees Kaisen a couple times a week.

Steph (24)

September 29th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Crystal713's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal713
I agree I wouldnt feel very comfortable it is a bit odd...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search