Involvement

Forum: Single Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Single Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2011, 01:54 PM
katiebear's Avatar Ryder's BIGGEST Fan!!
Send a message via AIM to katiebear Send a message via Yahoo to katiebear
Just random curiosity...

How much involvement does your LO's "dad" have in helping raise your child/children?

Ryder's sperm donor (we don't say the d word in reference to Will in our house. He refuses to call Ryder by name, so I refuse to give him that title!) has 0 involvement. He hasn't sent so much as a text since early January. Nothing on Mother's Day, Father's Day, my birthday, Ryder's birthday... today is his birthday (Will's) and it just dawned on me that he's 30 years old. Thirty years old and still has yet to grow up! Go figure!
September 30th, 2011, 05:17 PM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
Alex's dad has little involvement, usually only takes him once a month overnight. He does pay child support though. I always invite him to the major doctor/psycologist/whatever appointments and he usually shows up but I think he feels like an a** just sitting there not able to answer any of the questions the doc's ask.
Katie and Aiden's dad (though he no longer has any rights so not sure to even call him their dad any more) has never had any involvement with the kids. He knows my number and its been the same since before the kids birth mother and him split up and I got custody of Katie (Aiden wasn't born yet).

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
September 30th, 2011, 05:42 PM
joey_emmysmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Big Joe has involement when he wants to. He is a good dad but sometimes has a lapse in judgement. He is doing alot better lately. I wouldn't deny him involement with any of them but I don't force my kids to make the first move. I make him come to them.

September 30th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
FOB's has NO involvement at this point, all his choosing. No phone calls or nothing. His loss. I am NOT letting him be involved in this pregnancy at ALL though, he said **** all when I mentioned to him and I haven't really seen or heard from him since.

September 30th, 2011, 10:14 PM
lala2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lala2007
My ex has no involvment in my daughter's life. He doesn't call,text, come by and see her nothing.

Thank you so much Alethia
October 1st, 2011, 08:39 AM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
None involvement unless you count whining over the net to OTHERS on how awful he has it for not getting to see a kid he don't ask to see?

October 1st, 2011, 02:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No involvement, No calls, No Visiting at all. He used to send the child support but then he stopped his last child support check was sent to me in April.

October 3rd, 2011, 01:24 PM
orrickster's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to orrickster
FOB is involved (sounds like I've got one of the most involved dad's here?, which can be good and can be bad). I'm glad he's involved, but sometimes just wish he wasn't so involved and I hate saying that because Kaisen adores his dad, but he's such an awful influence, and so is that GF of his!

Anyway, FOB gets Kaisen every Wednesday evening and every other weekend from Friday to Sunday. He has barely paid any support since last October, but will be having his checks garnished now.

Steph (24)

October 3rd, 2011, 04:04 PM
belleaz's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to belleaz Send a message via Yahoo to belleaz
Boys go with dad on tues & wed after school and one weekend day (the whole day). Dad pays child support and right now we have no issues....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search