Chores

Forum: Single Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Single Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Many time as being a single mom the question is when do you do them especially when the kids are younger .

Anyhow when Brendan was a baby I would do the chores during his naptime.

As he got older I would do the chores when he was in bed otherwise running all over the kitchen/bathroom floor or risking him to slip on it when it was wet would equal dirty and a big ouchie .

Now Brendan is in school so I try to do most of the chores when he's at school.

Plus, Brendan is now old enough to help out so he helps w/ sweeping, picking up his room neatly which took a bit motivation into getting him to do that .

Sometimes he helps w/ feeding the cat .

So he is getting more motivated in helping with chores but I say it is tricky as some kids are automatically picker uppers and some need heavy motivation to do it .

October 10th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ive been wondering about this..im gonna be moving out soon...

dylan is 5 and jessie is almost 4...

what would be acceptable for there age? im thinking of a chore chart

October 10th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Both Kids

Pick up toys, put their garbage in the garbage .

Both are able to water indoor plants

Your Dylan may be more likely able to feed a pet w/ out making a mess if you have one . It only depends on the size of the bag if it's a big bag then wait til they get a bit older .

Both of them can be able to fold dishtowels, and wash cloths.

Dylan can definetly wipe the seat with a wipe if he forgets to lift up the lid to go pee as the saying goes Be a Sweetie & Wipe the Seatie because boys are known to sprinkle around toilet seats .

Wipe the sink/counter after having toothpaste mess both can take turns at doing that all they need to do is use a 'washcloth w/ water to wipe where the toothpaste is .

October 11th, 2011, 07:14 AM
orrickster's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to orrickster
It depends on what the chore is whether I do it with Kaisen in bed or awake. If it's just cleaning bathrooms, picking up, folding laundry, then I'll do it when Kaisen is awake. It's mostly just sweeping and mopping that I'll do when K is in bed or out of the house. Every once in awhile I'll have Kaisen help me do something. Unless I'm in a hurry or K is not around, I'll always have him pick up his toys.

For a 5 and 4 year old I'd say they could definitely fold towels, that's something I did when I was young. They can wipe the kitchen/dining room table off, set the table, clean up dishes after meals, if you hand wash any dishes, they can dry them (only plastic if you prefer). Maybe Dylan could hand vacuuming (assuming you have carpet), start off with small areas like bedrooms and move to the living room or something. And it all just depends on what you think they're capable of. Every kid will be different. But those are just some ideas.

Steph (24)

October 12th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
depending on the chores I would either do then at nap/bedtime, mostly during the day though seeing as I am a sahm I have not much else to do (besides watching the kids of course)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search