Hi Mamas!!!!! I missed everyone :D

Forum: Single Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Single Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2011, 04:14 PM
blueyedbabii's Avatar Blueyedbabii<3
Send a message via Yahoo to blueyedbabii
ok ok ok I kKNOw i deserve it if ALL of you yell at me but I swear technology hates me! I finally have my computer running AND the interenet all at the same time There have been tons of changes!!!
The biggest being jake is homeschooled now!! if you want i'll give an in depth update but right now trying to reacclimate myself with internet period. I've been offline completely for 6 months almost

October 27th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome back ! Glad to see you ! How is Jake doing with homeschooling ?

October 28th, 2011, 09:17 AM
really good. We're doing a juggle of worksheets, lectures, multimedia, audio, and crafts. he's currently learning: math, economics (money), penmenship, grammar & english, reading, social studies, science, spanish, and music, gym, library, computer, culinary once or twice a week. Our school goes from like 11 am to 6 pm and varies a little by day. We have our lesson plans planned out the week in advance or at least we try to lol. It's a very interesting process lol

October 29th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
welcome back to cyberspace!

November 2nd, 2011, 07:24 PM
rugby_girl's Avatar <3 my boy :)
Send a message via AIM to rugby_girl
glad things are going well! I am curious about the whole homeschooling thing? I wouldn't even know where to start! haha.

Jaime, single mommy to Austin (2/8/11)

November 2nd, 2011, 08:33 PM
jaime belive me it's been interesting. We started b/c jake would use going to school as an ezxcuse for behaving horribly and thinknig that he could get away it. Ex throwing a temper tantrum all morning and missing the bus and then demanding we walk him to school so he wasn't late. His out bursts and fits were getting extremely violent. Scratches all down his neck punching all sorts of stuff. We kept him home from school for 4 days and it was only the second week of october and it wasn't letting up. Then he forged my signature on a disapline slip at school so i wouldn't know he got in trouble. I tried communicating with the teacher numerous times and she wasn't very helpful in fact ignored me. Then we started looking at the stuff jake was bringing home and asking what he did do at school and it was simple beginning kindergarten work. So I did some searching online to see what paperwork needed to be done and apparently Michigan is one of the more leaneant states with homeschool so we started it. We started with what he needed help with and went there. Then I started looking online for random worksheets and curriculum but i refuse to pay for a full one so I peice it together about a week at a time. Every day he does: math, reading, science, english, spanish, & penmenship. M & W he does economics counting money exchanging pennies for nickels that type of thing. T & TH he does social studies. culinary, gym, library, music, cumputer, and field trips are thrown in as we want. We definatly go to the library at least once a week and he cooks something with minimal help at least once a week. He absolutly LOVES it. and wakes us ip with a do i have school today. Whats next. He loves the fact that he can get done early if he works quickly. I am technically not his teacher. My boyfriend is. I know very interesting but he loves it. Its brought them so much closer too. Like for Halloween we decided nothing major just some fun activities. We read h.P. Lovecraft and Edgar Allen Poe ( he liked them both and they are made for people much older than jake), he made flour fingerpaints and then made : a pumpkins, a witch picture, a graveyard. Ate baked pumpkin seeds and then went to the library to start trick or treating early.

November 3rd, 2011, 06:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aww that's awful he was misbehaving at school but does he seem to be doing good at his homeschooling and what culinary one are you teaching him ?

November 3rd, 2011, 12:26 PM
the misbehavior was at home for the most part but would make school be the reason he was fighting us at home. With the culinary we always use fractions and measurements and then we make it intertwine with what he's learning at school. He's already done bread and banana muffins for measurements and then Chicago style deep dish pizza during geography. Different regions eat the same foods we do differently. Around Thanksgiving he's going to make stuffing from scratch. Another is Gingerbread men during a contration unit we're gonig to do in December. Then I have a holidays around the world activity set for the week before chritmas so he will be making a bunch of foods and crafts from around the world. It's fun but it does require some leg work b/c i refuse to pay for a curriculum!

November 3rd, 2011, 09:48 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Hey woman missed you!

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
November 4th, 2011, 07:36 AM
wow hey emma! didn't realie that was you til i looked at your babies. they are so cute and getting so big

November 4th, 2011, 05:32 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
haha I know huh they grow up too fast!

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
November 7th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
Welcome back! i havent really been totally around much..so im late

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search