Update

Forum: Single Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Single Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haven't stopped by this board in a while. Not sure why. I don't really post much on JM anymore, though and when I do it's usually in the Love & Sex board.

So I'm 40 weeks and 1 day according to the "official" due date. There are signs that my little man will be here sometime soon. Like some swelling from water retention, lost of mucus plug, bleeding, pregnancy rash disappearing, boobs getting bigger, baby dropping.

But it'll still be a bit and my NMW is not liking that. He relies on the ultrasound machine too much so he thinks that by this Thursday my baby is going to be 10lbs. He just had me do a 24 hour urine collection so they could test for preeclampsia even though my blood pressure wasn't as high as it is for a warning sign and I had no other symptoms. I think he was hoping I'd have it so he could force me to be induced. As it is, he can only highly suggest it. He said his c-section rate is 1-2% and I think it's because he probably forces these women to be induced. I have my 40 week appointment on Tuesday. I really don't want to be medically induced but I do have my own time limit, which is 41 weeks (this coming Saturday), but if the NMW will let me go until at least Thursday, I'll be happy.

I'm trying to induce naturally by doing pressure points and eating pineapple. The pressure points have made my little man drop considerably and the pineapple has my cervix effacing. As of last appointment I was still only 1 1/2cm dilated and 50% effaced. So I've been that way for a week and a half that I know of. But I'm thinking baby will come sometime this week on his own since my boobs suddenly were fuller yesterday.

I've made a belly cast and my middle sister wants to take some maternity photos of me. I think we'll do that tomorrow. I sort of don't want them because it's hard to get good pictures of me, but she really wants to do them so I'll let her. I've got pretty much everything packed for the hospital and my mom just bought herself a glider rocker (it's for her since I won't be living here forever but obviously it's for me to use while I'm here). I even have Teddy washed, which was really hard for me to do. I was nothing but a ball of nerves while he was washing and drying, but he's going with me to the hospital since I can't sleep without him and he'll help with pain relief.

Other than that nothing much else.

As for FOB, well, in September my mom was bugging me about putting his name on the birth certificate and while I had to fuss back about how that's not going to happen, I did feel that maybe I'd been too distant and should be nice and see if he wanted to have lunch or something. I had to run into town for WIC stuff so I figured I'd text him and see if he wanted to grab a bite to eat. He said he was broke so I asked if he wanted to walk around the store with me while I grabbed stuff. He replied with saying he was in a weird mood and so didn't want to. Pretty much meant he was depressed. It kind of made me mad because I was putting myself out there for the first time in months and he turned it down. When I was leaving the store later, I ran into his best friend (who's the step-dad to his first child). The guy asked me if I'd talked to FOB and I told him what had happened and the guy thought that was odd so said he'd talk to him. The next day I get a random text from FOB trying to be chatty by saying, "I suddenly want to play some old school Zelda." I wasn't about to be nice after being blown off the day before so I didn't respond.

Since then I haven't heard from him. But today, my mom, sister, and I were out and about and we stopped at Carl's Jr for some lunch. While sitting there I saw this guy I had been seeing last year during the summer walk in with a friend. This guy is friends with FOB, he's how I met FOB. The guy is really annoying and I hoped he didn't want to try and talk to me. He tries to sweet talk me as if nothing happened (he wanted all the benefits of a relationship without being in one so I said adios and started dating FOB).

I was keeping an eye out for him leaving and when I noticed some people going out the door I looked up but it wasn't him. So I looked around and saw the guy sitting at a booth behind me but against the wall (so he was a yard or two away). I saw his friend's eyes and the top of the guy's head and thought it looked a bit like FOB, but it didn't surprise me cause if that's all you see of someone they can look like anyone else.

When we left not long after that I checked the parking lot for the guy's truck but didn't see it. Instead I saw FOB's truck. So FOB was sitting right there in the same d*mn building and didn't feel the need to say hi. I mean, I'm kind of glad, but it just irritates me how he's making a big deal out of not getting to see his children but he's not making an effort to see them or to make nice with me so he can see my son later. It's not surprising, but still. He should just shut up and stop pretending. He hasn't even bothered to text me and I know he saw me. Even if he didn't see me, I know the other guy definitely did and would have no qualms about telling FOB I was there because the guy likes to try and annoy FOB.

So yeah. I need to get in touch with FOB's ex and let her know she can text me or call to set up times to meet with her son so he can see his little brother. Let her know that she doesn't have to go through FOB and he doesn't have to be there.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

November 7th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad to see you back as I was wondering how you were doing and figured you were due to have your little boy soon !

I would have been ticked of too at how your FOB was blowing you off @ least twice .

I do hope that you have your little boy soon ! Do you have his crib set up or a bassinet ?

What bedding does he have ?

November 7th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't wait to meet my little guy. I've only had BH contractions. I know of 4, but I'm wondering if I've had more than that. It's hard to tell, though because of the layer of fat over my stomach so while I may feel it's hard at the top, at the bottom I can't tell. And the nurse midwife's assistant said that the hard feeling at the top may be a contraction but it could also be the baby since I told her that he does like to push himself up there.

He's got a pack and play he'll be in until I get my own place because there's simply not enough room in my room to have a crib. The pack and play isn't even full size, it's the travel size and still only has about 10 inches between it and the wall.

So no bedding yet. But when I do get some it'll be brown and blue in colors but I'm not sure what I'd like as far as designs.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

November 7th, 2011, 02:45 PM
orrickster's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to orrickster
With my son, I had absolutely no warning signs when he came along. I was 40 weeks 7 days, scheduled to be induced that next day. I was I think 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated. That day was normal, like any other day and boom suddenly started having contractions. It's kind of cool though. My great grandma had 4 kids. With 3 of her 4 pregnancies she walked around a cemetery in the town she lived in, where other family is buried, close to her due date. The very next day she went into labor. My grandma died in '08 and is buried in that cemetery. We went up July 11th (Saturday) and visited her grave and walked around the cemetery. Well the next day I went into labor. Crazy story.

Anyway, the point is that maybe you will go into labor out of the blue. I lost my mucus plug shortly after my contractions started. That's no help.

With FOB... I wouldn't even worry about him. The relationship between father and son is not important if the father is not going to be there. So maybe offer for FOB to see his son once he is born, but don't push it and don't expect him to be there or to exercise any visitation that's given to him. That will only set you and your son up for disappointment. You've tried hard enough to have a good relationship with him and, honestly, I'd give up. My son's father is involved in my son's life, therefore I think we need to have a good relationship. But it would be different if Kaisen's dad showed little to know interest in seeing his son.

I guess everyone feels different about this subject, and hopefully you can come to some agreement with yourself about how to best deal with it. Good luck and KUP!

Steph (24)

November 8th, 2011, 02:24 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
hope your baby boy arrives verrrrrry soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search