alaska_su!!!!

Forum: Single Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Single Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2011, 05:38 PM
rugby_girl's Avatar <3 my boy :)
Send a message via AIM to rugby_girl
Happy belated birthday and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

(not sure of any of the details just know the baby is here!)

Jaime, single mommy to Austin (2/8/11)

November 14th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats ! Please share details when you have time and how have you been ?

November 14th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
YAY!!! So glad baby is here!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

November 15th, 2011, 04:24 AM
blueyedbabii's Avatar Blueyedbabii<3
Send a message via Yahoo to blueyedbabii
congrats!!!!

November 15th, 2011, 09:33 AM
orrickster's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to orrickster
Woohoo! Congrats!!

Steph (24)

November 15th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
congratulations

November 23rd, 2011, 08:55 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry everyone for being MIA. Just so much stuff going on. While I got some time while William is sleeping, I'll update you all.

So went in Nov. 10th at 7:40pm to be induced due to the NMW believing my baby to be too big. Was given the first 1/4 of misaprostil at around 9:30pm.

Between then and 11am Nov. 11th I was given two more pieces. By the third one my contractions were too close together to give me anymore. Unfortunately my contractions weren't very strong and I had only progressed to 75% effaced (I was already 50% when I went in) and somewhere between 3 and 5cm.

Because I wasn't progressing much at 9:30pm on the 11th the NMW came back in and broke my water. It didn't take long for my contractions to pick up in frequency and they began to get worse with double spikes. After an hour there was no let up, just more pain and less pain.

It continued like that for hours. Eventually the pain became so bad I was yelling to almost the point of screaming. William was posterior and the only way I can describe the pain of back labor was that it felt like a wedge was being shoved up my spine at the tailbone, forcing it apart. Lots of pressure and stiffness.

Probably somewhere around the 30 hour mark I gave in to stadol since I had only had 2 hours of sleep. The pain was keeping me up and I knew I wouldn't have the strength to push and the stress was probably keeping me from progressing more. I had wanted an unmedicated birth.

The stadol worked all of 15 minutes. I kind of figured it would happen like that. They had me sign a form for an epidural before I got the stadol, just in case. Well I definitely needed it. Unfortunately the epidural lasted only about 2 hours, which gave me time for a nap but after those 2 hours it didn't matter how many times I pressed the button, it just didn't do anything. So they got the anesthesiologist back in to up the constant dose, but that still didn't do anything.

When the pain became so bad I was screaming, they called the guy back, but he was in the ER so a different one came in. They checked the catheter to see if maybe it had shifted or the other guy didn't do it right. But he said it couldn't have been done better.

So he said he'd give me something stronger. My mom said it was called beaupivacain(sp?). When he gave it to me he said I'd feel some cold. But that's definitely not what I felt. No sooner did he get it in did my entire back seize. I couldn't move even my head because my neck was in so much pain as well. The muscles around my ribs were so tense I couldn't breathe because I couldn't get my ribs to open up enough. It took what felt like 10 minutes to be able to move again.

But once the stuff really kicked in it was awesome. All the pain was gone, whereas with the other stuff I still felt a bit when it first kicked in. For an hour I sat and chatted with everyone. After that hour, the NMW came in and checked William's position. His head was cocked at a weird angle in my pelvis, which was why I wasn't progressing. He was stuck at 0 station. The guy tried to manually turn William's head but when that didn't work (seeing as I was only 7cm by then) they laid the bed back so it put my head below my body to try and let gravity pull my baby out of my pelvis enough to get him to turn his head. I had to lay on my right side for an hour so I just took a nap.

After that hour I began to feel some pain. Within 5 minutes of feeling the first little bit of pain it was full blown pain and I was screaming. The anesthesiologist was called back in and he gave me another dose. This dose lasted only an hour and I used that hour to sit up because it did relieve some pain and I didn't want to be laying down when the stuff wore off again. So I chatted again with everyone.

After that hour I let the nurse know to get the anesthesiologist back in there right away, telling her that in 5 minutes I'd be in all out pain again. She didn't believe me so again I had to deal with the intense pain. He finally got in there and gave me the third dose. With this dose I was exhausted and decided if I wasn't progressed enough, I'd opt for the c-section, knowing I couldn't handle things anymore and didn't have the strength to push now what with being so tired. I slept leaning over on a birthing ball, my mom and sister on either side of me, keeping me up.

This dose lasted only 30 minutes. This is how fast my body adapts to stuff. I knew I'd have this problem what with waking up in the middle of my dental surgery when I got my wisdom teeth taken out. So when I was in pain again, we called the NMW in and told him I wanted the c-section. He checked me and sure enough I was still only 75% effaced and barely to 8cm. So things were gotten ready and I was wheeled into the OR.

The first anesthesiologist was there to administer the spinal block. It took him a god 5 or 10 minutes to get a needle in the right place. My sister counted 12 spots where I was stuck. The reason it took so long was because my muscles were so tense they were bending the needles as they went in.

Eventually it was put in and everything was under way. At exactly 24 hours after my water was broken, William was born. We both needed antibiotics because at hour 23 after my water being broken, I developed a fever around 101F. William was found to have a fever as well. My placenta had become infected and it had gotten into his bloodstream, giving him sepsis.

William was born weighing 9lbs 5oz and 20 1/2in.

We had to stay in the hospital for 10 days (which meant I was in there for 12), so William could have antibiotics. We were moved up to pediatrics so I could stay in the same room with him the entire time. We just got out last night.

It's been rough but there were good days. Last night was terrible but hopefully tonight won't be too bad.

Here are some pictures:

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

November 26th, 2011, 08:43 AM
blueyedbabii's Avatar Blueyedbabii<3
Send a message via Yahoo to blueyedbabii
im glad you guys are out and he's soo perfect

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search