finances and single mommyhood?

Forum: Single Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Single Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Veteran
How do you all afford your children being a single parent? I am currently going to be using a donor and doing this alone. My sister put her opinion in last night about finaces and now im nervous

Last edited by jessicat375; November 25th, 2011 at 06:07 AM. Reason: misprint
November 25th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I honestly dont feel like anyone is ever ready..but we do what we can to make sure our children are happy and healthy...

My older two lost their father so we are on survivors benefits ( 1758.00) but i also make graphics and sell them on cafepress (which ranges from 200-400)

im currently expecting a little girl and her daddy and I will be going in half..which so far its only been me..

November 25th, 2011, 11:38 AM
lala2007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lala2007
I agree with Sandy. We do what we can. It's good to try to have a budget that way you are not spending too much. I am working on getting a budget started now. It can be kind of hard in the beginning but you will make it.

Thank you so much Alethia
November 25th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lala2007 View Post
I agree with Sandy. We do what we can. It's good to try to have a budget that way you are not spending too much. I am working on getting a budget started now. It can be kind of hard in the beginning but you will make it.

November 27th, 2011, 04:22 PM
MommaLexi's Avatar Adoptive and Foster Mommy
I have a strict budget and stick to it. I have a lot of savings and put away every month. It's like a bill for me. I only use cash for most of my spending, so I can keep better track of it. I do a lot of couponing and sales too. It's a bit easier for me since I get foster benefits. That almost pays the nanny each month!

FD ~ Squishy, 8mos old, Down Syndrome, Heart Disease (post open-heart surgery)
November 28th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommy2lilman Send a message via Yahoo to mommy2lilman
I had to go back to school full time for 10 months then got a job with Norton Healthcare. Now, I work full time plus the child support finally came in a couple months ago.

We're on a strict budget and I have 3 months worth of rent in my savings account incase anything were to happen. We also coupon and my sister gets a Kroger Employee discount which helps our grocery bill. Everything we get are things we need followed by things we want- but all bills must be paid first before any 'spending' money.

I get Frederick's play clothes at consignment shops and his school clothes when they're on sale.

Child care wise, I put Frederick in a school that I could afford without breaking our budget. His school is a lot cheaper then just putting him in regular daycare. You just have to price everything and call around. Don't stick to 'name brands' or famous names (La Petite/Kinder Care) either and that will help.

November 28th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Veteran
Ill keep all of this in mind and work my hardest

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search