it's a sad thing... it turned into a kinda long story

Forum: Single Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Single Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2011, 08:22 PM
blueyedbabii's Avatar Blueyedbabii<3
Send a message via Yahoo to blueyedbabii
To know that being a responsible mom means that the only christmas my son is going to get will be from other family members. We have been trying very hard to keep up with the bills, and no car, and being out of work so much this year that money is just that tight. We have found a few things from "free" places like freecycle or craigslist (maybe 6 toys used gently) that have to be for his birthday (which is friday) and christmas. I refuse to use toys for tots or anything like that because he has enough other people in his life that will spoil him with more than he needs and not everybody has even that. but still my heart breaks... especially b/c if his dad would pay even 1/4 of his child support that he owes Jake would be fine and not want for anything. I dont want to begrudge him giving all 5 of his kids a christmas but it's rediculous. Then two weeks ago he LIES to me saying he sent in $500 for child support yet I only got $30 in the account. I really try not to let the money bother me at all. b/c if he sends it ok it helps but its never consistantly and i can't count on it. but when i am trying my best and the states just funny ( they want you to get a job but the minute you do they take away what little help they were giving so you're still struggling and its a vicious circle) my boyfriends trying his best and seeing very few results is just saddening and is upsetting. I hate talking money with my boyfriend because he already knows this and it makes him sad and theres nothing we can do. We actually don't fight about money b/c we dont have any

December 4th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry. The holiday season is always tough and I can imagine how hard it is when you're a single parent without much money and your kid is old enough to understand Christmas means gifts.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

December 5th, 2011, 04:21 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
its always tough on the holidays..but im sure he will be extremely happy with the gifts you did get him!..having family helps alot..I use to spend way to much on gifts and i thought..WHY? when they get more then needed because of family...

hes still young and im sure the last thing he will realize is what gift came from who when all he will want to do it play with them!

December 5th, 2011, 12:36 PM
orrickster's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to orrickster
That is tough, I understand. I'm working 2 part time jobs now and daycare, car insurance and phone bill take most of my money. I live with my parents so thankfully I don't have bills or anything. But I do what I can. Maybe try to explain to your son that Christmas isn't all about getting presents, but family is what is most important.

Steph (24)

December 5th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I know how it feels....I really hate this time of the year because it makes me sad thinking about what I *can't* give the girls... and then knowing what her friends get etc.. it just sucks.. especially now Gaby is at the age that she wants to know WHY she can't have ____________ like Maddi/Belle/Dani/whoever

December 7th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
Im so sorry! But try to remember that you can create gifts! like making stuff!!! Do an activity with him that he enjoys? how about the dollar store? they have fun stuff to open! and cheap! .... Make a game out of it
Christmas shouldnt be all about gifts! its about being with loved ones.. lets not forget that!
Hope you feel better girl!!!
December 9th, 2011, 08:53 PM
im realizing that and he doesn't seem to mind at all his birthday was today and he had a blast anyway :d

December 30th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
yay thats great! m reading this WAY late!
December 30th, 2011, 07:45 PM
rugby_girl's Avatar <3 my boy :)
Send a message via AIM to rugby_girl
How did Christmas go?

Jaime, single mommy to Austin (2/8/11)

January 2nd, 2012, 02:30 PM
it went well. we only spent 20 on him. everybody else got him everything and he still had ablast. BUT did get court papers for an adjustment on child support i was thrillled *not*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search