Sooo Happy There's a SM Room!!! Intro...

Forum: Single Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Single Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Regular
Mommies! I can't tell how happy I am to see a space for single moms on JM. I have visited other rooms and while happy for the married moms in each one, I feel outside somewhat. I'm 41, raising a teen boy without any major assistance from his father and my family thinks I am crazy to keep my baby because of my age. My friends, when I tell them the Dad optted out, don't know what to say. If in person I get "Oh I'm so sorry"... followed by a sad face.

Meanwhile, I'm happier than two people could be for my new blessing! I certainly love him/her enough for the father and am not upset with his decision. Would I prefer differently, sure, the perfect hubby, sure, but who is to say that would be any better. I don't know how you all feel about being single but I'm fine with it. I do have some support and am a strong woman. It can be done. Love to hear from you... Hugs! Kay...
December 18th, 2011, 07:43 AM
blueyedbabii's Avatar Blueyedbabii<3
Send a message via Yahoo to blueyedbabii
well congrats on the lil bean Glad you found us we're a close group. Im nickie and Im mommy to my newly turned 7 yr old boy who has developmental delays. I just got into a relationship with my current boyfriend 6 months ago. WELCOME!!!!!!!!!

December 18th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome here . Congrats on the pregnancy ! I'm Traci Mom to Brendan who is 7 years old and a 2nd grader in his school .

Brendan dad stopped being fully in the picture 4 yrs ago even tho I left him when Brendan was 6 months old . He did fully send child support until he just suddenly stopped it so hopefully it will restart soon due to the child support people getting after him hopefully.

December 18th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Regular
Hi Nickie, Hi Traci. Thanks for chiming in. My baby's father has no clue what he is missing out on but I imagine he thinks he'll miss out on the world if he chose tge baby. He's much younger, late 20's and a musician, teacher, trainer. Very sexy I must admit. We had only started dating, just crossed into intimacy when baby came along. I feel I did the right thing, by my beliefs and my heart. I just hope I'm not alone forever... Until then this family is fine, if not-same
December 19th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommy2lilman Send a message via Yahoo to mommy2lilman
Hi and welcome. I'm Vicky, single mommy to an almost 4 year old preschooler named Frederick.

Congrats on your pregnancy.

December 19th, 2011, 11:52 AM
orrickster's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to orrickster
Welcome and congrats! I'm Steph, mommy to Kaisen who is 2. I've been a single mom for almost 2 years.

Steph (24)

December 26th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
welcome & congratulations on your much loved little bean!

I'm Emma (28), Mummy to two girls - Gabrielle is 5 and Emersyn is 18mo. They both have different fathers, and I've basically been single since I got pregnant with Gabrielle, minus a years relationship, and then 5 months with Emersyn's father.....

End of the day, the fathers are missing out on SO MUCH, and we get to experience it all - and have an even closer bond than normal with our kiddos... While sometimes I really hate being single, I wouldn't change anything!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search