Safety around the home

Forum: Single Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Single Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Many time of us can have unexpected incidents even within 3 minutes of either going to the bathroom putting dishes in the dishwasher or it can even happen when your watching them.

1. Find a way how to unlock doors if your child decides to lock the door on you and doesn't know how to unlock the door.

It happened to me Brendan thought he was playing a game of chase and he decided to lock my bedroom door along with the bathroom door that we walk into my bedroom. We had to get the guy who is the mainteance person to fix things to take the whole knob off because their doors were not easy to be able to get picked so after that incident I told them remove the knobs to longer have locked ones and they did that.

2. Keep your key with you after you open up the door and also keep a key around your home outside in a hidden spot for just in case your kid(s) get in first and decide to lock the door it happened to me after I opened the door put the key on the key ring and went to get more stuff from the car. I got to the door and I couldn't open it because Brendan locked me outside so I am going Brendan you let me in now he goes No and starts laughing . I hear footsteps walking away from the door and I am pounding on the door saying you let me in or I will forbid you for playing with your friends for 1 whole day that got him to open the door but still whenever I take garbage out or am bringing groceries in I don't take my key off my wrist until I am all done and I am inside.

3. Food if your giving fruit like raspberries, grapes, blueberries and make sure you keep an eye on them while they are eating otherwise turning the head for one second can quickly have your child to have nostril fun by sticking fruit up there.

Another thing is keep the Fridge door with a lock otherwise your kid may try to say get into the eggs because they want you to make eggs but you don't know that until you see broke eggs all over the kitchen floor you think you get the mess all taken care of but it isn't and you go slipping on that spot and sliding thru the kitchen as in I felt like one of those home alone villians then.

So remember after eggs on the floor walk on a towel and Mop the floor or you will be missing the slippery hard to see egg whites

Water Issues are another topic turning on the sink to fill up a toy on their own and forgetting to turn it off not realizing they are doing that or are confused how to turn the water off they don't ask for help but let it run then you walk into the bathroom seeing an overflowing sink with water overflowing of the sink.

Do remove water toys until your able to help them to be filled up!

Furniture for kids stick with a chair that won't be wide enough for kids to stick their head thru the arm of a chair and many times you would wonder why would a kid do that as I don't know but Brendan did and got his red plastic chair over his head what a scary sight to see as in seeing your kid calling you with a chair that is sideways on his neck . By being like your relaxed and helping him get relaxed is what helped get the chair over his head.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search