New Here.

Forum: Single Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Single Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2012, 12:38 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
Hey ladies

I'm not new to JM, but I'm new to this board, and I hope you don't mind me joining.

I never thought I'd be saying this, but I'm leaving my daughter's daddy. It's safer and better for herself and for me. I never thought I'd be a single mommy. The thought terrifies me. I know what I'm doing is best, I'm not doubting that, but it seems to scary.

Is that normal?

I'm going to be moving into a friend's house in the mean time. My friend had an extra room and needed a room mate, so I offered to move in. Make it easier for myself and my daughter, and my friend has a son who adores my daughter.

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and make sure it's ok if I join?

Thanks ladies.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

January 3rd, 2012, 04:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
Welcome to this wonderful board!
When i left my EX i never thought id ever be a single mom! And i have left him almost for 5 years!!!

It is very scary and hard at first..but with time it gets alot easier!
That sounds like a great deal with your friend! AW
Feel free to post anything and about anything! For as much support as needed. *Hugs* prays going to your fam!!! and a easy adjustment!
January 4th, 2012, 07:58 AM
joey_emmysmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
It's hard at first I think mainly because none of us ever really thought we would be single moms.
I'm Brandy (29) mommy to Joe Jr. 10 and Emily Rosemarie 6 and baby #3 due in March. I know when I left my husband I never thought I would be a single mom much less a pregnant single mom but here I am. God decieded 2 weeks after I left him that it would be funny to let me find out I was 7 weeks pregnant. I on the other didn't think it was too funny but here I am.
I look forward to getting to know you more any support you need we are here.

January 4th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
welcome to the board! my name is sandy mommy to dylan (5) jessie (4) and ava due jan 18th...dy and jessie dad passed away in 08 and im also a single mommy to ava because her daddy cant figure out what exactly he wants,...

its tough being single at first..but you quickly realize that it gets easier over time..I think the fear of being alone gets to you at first

January 4th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome here. I'm Traci Mom to Brendan who is 7 yrs old .

I never thought I would be a single mommy either as I stayed with him during my pregnancy holding on to belief that he is scared to be close in fear of a loss again so I thought once when Brendan was born we would bond over a healthy child instead we drifted more apart due to him being mean and way too self centered.

January 4th, 2012, 12:59 PM
orrickster's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to orrickster
Welcome! I'm Steph, mommy to Kaisen who is 2.

Stepping out into the single mommyhood is definitely scary at first. I had the same thoughts as you. I wanted out of the relationship and away from my then fiance. I knew leaving was going to be tough and scary so I held off as long as possible. Finally the day came where I just had to get out. It was a rough couple of months, but it definitely does get easier.

Steph (24)

January 8th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!

I'm Rebekah, mommy to Sophia (3.5) Eden(2.5) and Isabel is due in mid - late April. I NEVER thought I would be single again never mind a single mom to soon to be 3 kids. Being single wasn't my plan, but my ex decided it would be ok to be indecisive and deceitful about everything I thought to be true. He left for the THIRD time a few weeks before I found out I was pregnant. I honestly don't know if it ever gets easier, when we first split I was ok and now it seems to be getting harder again. Kudos to you though for making the best decision for you and your daughter, that's all that matters in the end.

January 10th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
welcome to the board hun

The thought of becoming a single parent can be really daunting and scary, but I think at the end of the day if you know it's the right thing to do for you and your daughter, it makes it a little easier. My main advice would be to make sure you ask for support if you need it - because the adjustment is a big one, but ultimately it's a change for the better.

January 10th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
I was thoroughly terrified when I decided to leave ex-dh. I just knew everything would go wrong and I would have to go crawling back. I didn't. I never thought twice about it after the first few weeks. Keep a journal if you want. I know it seems really dumb but it will help you see how far you have come. Write a little every day or so and when you start doubting just look back at day 1. You can do it and you are most certainly welcome here!!!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search