Hi ladies, new here in this forum :) About me:

Forum: Single Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Single Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2012, 11:50 AM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just thought i'd introduce myself.

I'm a 33 year old single mom of a nearly 3 year old... and pregnant with my 2nd child.

My daughter's father cheated on me and moved out on me when I was on vacation visiting my family when she was only 6 months old. No warning. Nothing. We had been together nearly 7 years at the time. Never married.

Now i've been dating my current boyfriend since April of last year (almost 9 months) and i'm 5.5 months pregnant... yes, an ooops baby.

I'm pretty much doing this on my own. My daughter and I just moved out of my parents' house and into a basement suite on January 1st. We're doing pretty well. I"m not really sure if I even want to do this with him. He's very immature, has no job,e tc. etc... and he has a 6 year old already that he can barely take care of.

So anyways... here I am.. single mommy of 1 and 1-to-be. I'm not really scared, i've done it once pretty much on my own, but i'm just frustrated with life. This is never how I thought my life would be

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com
January 6th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Jen Welcome here. congrats on your pregnancy. I'm Traci Mom to Brendan who is 7 yrs old.

That is terrible to hear that your ex cheated on you.

January 8th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!

I'm Rebekah, mommy to Sophia (3.5) and Eden (2.5) and Isabel is due in mid-late April. I am so sorry your ex cheated on you.

January 9th, 2012, 11:33 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!

I just wanted to say, life is RARELY what we expect it to be And that's not always a bad thing! I do understand how you feel, though. I never expected to be 27 and a single mommy and no dating prospects. However, I find that it helps to look at the other side, too. I have friends who are married, have children, and still have troubles. Even friends in happy marriages have struggles that we, as single mommies, don't have. I'm not saying it's preferable to be a single mom, because I want to get married as much as anyone However, I think sometimes it is so easy to glamourize the life of married friends and think about how easy it is. Just know, there are struggles in every situation.

That said, I know you will do amazing as a mommy to two! And in a year, you won't even think about wanting it any other way Your sweet daughter will have a sibling and a play mate, and you will have another little one to love!

January 9th, 2012, 12:00 PM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies I appreciate the support

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com
January 10th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
welcome to the board Jenn

I'm Emma (28), Mama to two girls - Gabrielle is 5 and Emersyn is 18mo. Most of my life as a Mummy has been spent alone, but I've had a couple of relationships here and there...

January 10th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Welcome! I am Sarah (23) single mommy to Danny (4.5). Sounds like a not so promising FOB... :/ Feel free to vent anytime.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search