C/S court was this morning...

Forum: Single Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Single Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny

You can't tell how it went at all can you? Yah...horrible. Basically, they said that the arrangement set when we got divorced was set up wrong. The amount should never have been 1659 per month. It should have actually been less than 650 per month. Since he never filed a modification (like I told him to a million times) the most they can backdate the new amount to is Oct 2011... That is the ONLY good news. He still has 31,000 in arrears and what is he supposed to pay toward his arrears per month? 46 bucks... Tell me the logic in that one... PLEASE! His monthly amount was 650somthing then add childcare which is 200 per month and add arrears amount and he is supposed to pay 8 hundred and some odd dollars per month.. It is going to be less than half of what he has been supposed to pay though not a whole lot less than I usually plan on getting from him. I am just so ticked that it changed this much. Then on top of that he decided to tell the judge that I agreed to "forgive" his arrearages. The judge didn't even have a chance to ask if I had agreed when I (obviously shocked) told them all otherwise.... Whoops... At least that made it evident that I had in no way agreed to it. So we will have to see what is going to change. :/

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

March 7th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Terrible why did they do that and are you stuck with 650 now ? What are they going to do about the arreages ?

March 7th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommy2lilman Send a message via Yahoo to mommy2lilman
Sorry to hear that. Messed up if you ask me.

March 7th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
For now he is responsible for 100% of childcare in addition to the 637 per month. The judge also said that he is to pay a whopping 46 bucks a month toward his 31000+ in arrears...I haven't even calculated it out to see how stupid that is but I know at that rate it will NEVER get paid off. His total amount that he will pay each month is somewhere between 850 and 900 but I can't remember the exact amount. It is still quite a bit but it is a lot less than I was expecting because I didn't know about the error in the last one... I am really quite ticked that this happened this month. We would have gotten 3 big checks this month...now I might get 100 bucks each on the next 2 because they took 650 out of his last check which we got 3/2... So I will have 50 bucks per week to live on for the 4 weeks after the next payment. Thankfully I had started a savings but I have a feeling that will be depleted...

March 8th, 2012, 08:52 AM
rugby_girl's Avatar <3 my boy :)
Send a message via AIM to rugby_girl
i just did the math... for exactly 31000, it will take 674 months... 56 years to pay it back.. thats ridiculous. Sorry it went so bad

Jaime, single mommy to Austin (2/8/11)

March 10th, 2012, 01:33 PM
orrickster's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to orrickster
Ya that is kind of crazy! That's a huge difference! At least you're still getting something and hopefully it will continue. My ex is paying $40 a month in arrears and told me he'd give me his whole tax refund for his arrears... he gave me $300 last weekend. But with my deal, my ex and I split years in claiming K on our taxes, but my ex can't claim K until he is completely paid up. This year was my ex's year.... I got to claim K. My ex only owes just over $6000, but I'm pretty sure I will be claiming K for taxes 2 years from now on my ex's year because he seems in no hurry to pay it all back.

Think of it this way.. when your son turns 18 or 19 or graduates high school, or whatever your state law is, your ex will still be paying you child support for arrears and I guarantee they'll have him paying more than $46 a month if that's all he's paying. Also, isn't there some way you can have his taxes intercepted? I know I was given that option.

Steph (24)

March 12th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Last year the order wasn't straigtened out in time. My ex also changed his name. His employer didn't change it with the IRS so according to ex he now owes money for last year instead of getting a refund because he never "had time" to get the paper sent in explaining the discrepency. Go figure. The federal taxes get the money before we will but if there is anything leftover we will get that... :/

March 12th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
bummer

March 23rd, 2012, 07:22 PM
orrickster's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to orrickster
Hmm, I'm not sure how all that works. You would think, though, that your ex would have made sure that the papers were taken care of in plenty of time. I want to say he's lying about owing money just to keep all his taxes. At least that's what it sounds like. Do you have it set up with the state that you get his tax refunds and the state said it wasn't possible this year? Or is it just your ex saying that he owes money and you wouldn't get anything? Hopefully by next year all this will be straightened out so you can get a nice refund from his taxes.

Steph (24)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search