Grrr help!

Forum: Single Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Single Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Preston2011's Avatar Member
Would do you do when your stuck with people that constantly give you stupid advice and treat you like you have no idea what your doing because your a new mom or you arnt good enough because your baby has only you and not a daddy??? i am at the end of my rope, I do my best as a mother and I think I do a pretty good job my son is healthy, happy, well fed hes perfect and I still feel like a piece of sh*t. How do I politely tell people to back off without cursing them out?? Im so frustrated

March 18th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would just more likely ignore them because they don't know the situation but if times comes to it just share that your child dad isn't in your guys life for reasons you prefer not to share if you do feel fine to share the actual reason to them.

I do that and they usually end up speechless.

March 18th, 2012, 10:58 PM
thanks I have tried to ignore them, alot of them are my family and they know the situation and it kinda makes it worse, my sons father went to prison when I was pregnant hes getting out in 2 months and I would like to work it out. My family is wierd lol they think I should dump my sons father and go find a new guy to take over but even if me and my bf dont work out hes still his father and I want him involved. I dont know I have a lot of issues right now with my family, theres confusing you know O i cant take care of my son without a man but yet i cant be with his father either, eerrr sometimes I wish I could trade lives with someone else just for one day.

March 19th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I do know about confusing family members. That's good you want to still try to work it out and your right no matter what the father of your son will always be your son's father.

March 19th, 2012, 02:33 PM
thx, I just gotta learn to ignore people and not let them get to me, theres always gonna be someone who dissapproves for whatever reason.

March 23rd, 2012, 07:15 PM
orrickster's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to orrickster
You're right about that! You can't make everyone happy, that's for sure! And your son and your happiness is all that matters. Forget what everyone else thinks. You're doing your best and what you believe is right, they don't have a say. Just try to remember that. In the end, you are his mother and you are always there for him and you are his sole caretaker. So until your family, friends or random people in Wal-Mart start changing your son's diapers, feeding him and caring for him on a daily basis, then they have absolutely no say in how he is raised or who is involved in his life. Just flat out tell them that. Or walk away anytime they even say something about your ex or whatever else it is that upsets you. Eventually they might get the hint.

Steph (24)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search