Single & Pregnant

Forum: Single Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By breastfeedin mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Single Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Baby Boy Coming in March!
Anyone else been single & pregnant?

Well, unplanned pregnancy, obviously. I have two kids to my ex-husband. And my boyfriend left last night. So I'm back to being single... but this time I'm pregnant. Now what....

August 6th, 2012, 03:15 PM
terryterry's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi! This describes me too. Single and 13 weeks pregnant. You're about 9 weeks? How are you feeling (physically and emotionally)?
August 6th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Well.... I'm actually dealing with a lot of emotions... so don't ask me that right now

Physically I was REALLY sick but I got a prescription for Zofran last week and it's been helping a lot. I'm exhausted, but this is my third baby so I definitely know what to expect by now, but this is the first one I've had the nausea with.

August 6th, 2012, 06:22 PM
rugby_girl's Avatar <3 my boy :)
Send a message via AIM to rugby_girl
I went my entire pregnancy single. My son is a year and a half now, still has never met his father and I'm still single :/

I am Jaime btw

Jaime, single mommy to Austin (2/8/11)

August 6th, 2012, 09:15 PM
terryterry's Avatar Super Mommy
I can definitely understand the range of emotions, I was a basket case the first month after I found out! I've been mostly ok lately. There are still times that I feel lonely, and worried about doing things on my own, but most of the time I feel really capable. It's helped me to find a couple really good other single moms to look to as role models of how great things can work out.
Physically, it will get better, or at least for most folks it does. My MS was worst from 6-8 weeks, though I think for most women it's a little later. And when you start feeling better physically, you'll start feeling better mentally too.
August 7th, 2012, 11:37 AM
I know I can do the "single mom" thing as I've been doing it for the last 19 months with my two older kids, but they are going to be 7 and 4 years old. My biggest concern is daycare for two kids and paying for it on my own. Long story. I have two really good friends who are both single moms & have offered me a TON of support.

One day at a time I guess....

August 7th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I was single from 11 weeks with Emersyn, and pretty much from the start with Gaby - so I understand all too well what you're going through.... ((hugs))

August 8th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Like I said, one day at a time. I feel like that's all I can do right now.

August 8th, 2012, 05:35 PM
How old are your older 2?

August 9th, 2012, 09:29 AM
She just turned 7 yesterday. My son will be 4 in a month. They'll be 7.5 & 4.5 when the baby arrives. Good age gap but still...

August 9th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Check into the state... My state gives out scholarships for daycare depending on family need. My son goes full time and it only costs me $8 a week!

August 9th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I checked on it.... AZ has childcare assistance but it's on hold due to lack of funds...

August 15th, 2012, 08:11 PM
my ex left me because i was pregnant. i now have a three month old dd who doesn't know him, nor does he even know she's here now. it's hard going through it all, but when you hold that baby you'll forget all about it. the most embarrassing thing for me was telling people and going to the hospital tour and i was the only one without a partner. I don't want to put my LO in daycare because I almost died in daycare so my mom watches her on her days off. I'm barely making it but she never goes without.
pickle0313 likes this.
August 21st, 2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breastfeedin mama View Post
my ex left me because i was pregnant. i now have a three month old dd who doesn't know him, nor does he even know she's here now. it's hard going through it all, but when you hold that baby you'll forget all about it. the most embarrassing thing for me was telling people and going to the hospital tour and i was the only one without a partner. I don't want to put my LO in daycare because I almost died in daycare so my mom watches her on her days off. I'm barely making it but she never goes without.
Being a strong independent mother is nothing absolutely NOTHING to be embarrassed about. You should be proud of yourself.

November 2nd, 2012, 01:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My ex broke up with my the day I found out I was pregnant after we figured it out. He came back but it only lasted until I was 3 months and he tackled me out of his car. I was single the rest of my pregnancy. Pretty much anyways. He would pop In here or there to stir up some trouble but that's it. He wasn't there for the birth, but showed up 6 hours later and stayed the 3 days things were great I thought things might be changing but when we left the hospital I didn't hear from him for 4 days. He saw him 3 times his first month and now gets him 3 days a week for 5 hours.
Being single and pregnant is hard.
For my Lamaze class and hospital tour a really good friend of mine (the guy in my siggy) came with me because he didn't want me to be alone. But all the doctors appointments, ultrasounds, shopping. All of that I did alone. But I feel like it made me stronger. It made me appreciate myself and my son that much more.
It prepared me ahead of time for him not bein around.
Personally I feel that being single and pregnant was easier than it would have been had he left me after and I had the "family attachment" where as now being a single mom is all I have ever known now instead of feeling like my world was totally upended and ripped apart.

December 6th, 2012, 12:37 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just found out yesterday I'm almost 6 weeks pregnant due to a one time mistake and he told me before I found out that he wants nothing to do with me since I didn't want to be with him again and said some nasty things. I'm fully single and planning this alone. I've got Friends and family behind me.. Although half of them think I should tell him.. The others say its my choice. I know he's got a dangerous mind I don't want to leave him in control of a baby ever.. I'll be right here doing single and pregnant with you.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search