Anyone write a book?

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2005, 06:58 AM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats my next serious goal.. to finish my book and get it published..

Who's been down this road before.. could perhaps lend me a few pointers or encouraging words?

TIA

Becky
December 30th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Super Mommy
I also have the same goal. I've started so many with good intentions, then let them fall to the back of my mind. I'm actually really starting to get myself into "writing shape" again. Since I'm due in March, I will be staying at home beginning in February, and will be a stay at home mom from then on. I should have time to write a little each day.
My first suggestion would be to finish the book. Write the whole thing, go back through and change whatever you need, edit it, and have the completed manuscript in front of you. Then go to Writer's Market and find a publisher for the type of book you have. You can either join Writer's Market on the web for like $3 a month I think, or just go to the library and check the book out. The website is more up to date than the book, but a new book comes out every year. They have thousands of publishers of all kinds on there including the guidlines on how to send them your book, what kind of money they pay, where they are located, and the name of the person to send it to. It is very helpful.
Good Luck!!

December 30th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Llamamama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I work for an international (non-fiction) publishing house. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask me.

My boys are beautiful and look forward to meeting the new member of our family

@LizPW on Twitter or find me on my blog
December 30th, 2005, 12:22 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I am writing a book! I am enrolled in Childrens Literature. My last assignment is to write 3 chapters of a book that can be submitted for publishing. After my first 3 chapters, my teacher will edit it and I will finish it from there. It's like home school, I have to send my assignments in. When the book is complete, my teacher will edit it one last time and i'll send it to publishers. I have a book of publishers, contacts and what they are looking for. I also have a book of magazines, that I can submit articles too and get them published. Some magazine pay $1 a word and only accept 400 word articles! It's a $700 course, but it is definantly worth it, if you like writing. You have to take a test to see if you are capable of writing for children. And I paid 47.50 monthly for a year and paid off my tuition. You dont have to buy books, they send you every thing you need.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
December 30th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm also writing a book. I started it before David was born and pretty much left it to play mommy. He's starting school next monday (gasp!! ) so I'm about to have some free time until May. I already thought of a very different story so I think I cannot pick it up where I left of. I'll have to start all over again

Sharon
January 1st, 2006, 06:58 PM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Ladies..

I guess I'll get to finishing it up.. and then go from there...HEEHEE

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search