Twilight Discussion

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2009, 07:53 AM
Regular
Good thread.

I don't think I would change much, just b/c the story is what it is. A good love story. Although, I am more of a Team Jacob, from first read I just felt for him and his feelings toward Bella. I wish maybe they would have almost had the two of them actually sort of start a relationship before she went to Italy in New Moon. I know the reason for the connection ends up being renesmee, but I guess I felt like Bella kinda used him for a while. That said, as much as I love jacob, I still love the bella/edward love story. I know, its a weird stance?!?

I also just have that thing for the bad boy, and when he turns wolf he gets pretty bad *****!

The movie trailer was awesome! so excited! On mtv.com they broke it down in freeze frames, so I all ready have a frame of jacob/taylor (shirtless!) on my cell phone! ha, obsessed.

My fav of the series were New Moon & Eclipse, esp. Eclipse...I really liked all of the history given for the native americans and the individual Cullen stories. And the battle was awesome! Can't wait to see how they make that into the movie.

~~~~~~~Here's a ?~~~~~

Did you find it easy to associate with Bella's feelings/thoughts or not?

Sometimes some of how she felt I could relate to, just all the high school type stuff & of course with some of her feelings towards Edward and Jacob. Like I've been thru similar experiences with relationships.
June 2nd, 2009, 08:47 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The New Moon trailer was great. Loved watching Jasper sail through the air. Jacob looked amazing!!!!!! I can't wait to see more.

I could relate to Bella a lot!!! Her thoughts, her feelings and even her clumsiness.

I love that this thread is getting more people! Keep it up!

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
June 2nd, 2009, 09:21 AM
mommytutu's Avatar mom to Emma & Jacqueline
I always have to remind myself that Taylor Lautner is only 17 years old!

I can definitely relate to Bella on so many levels. Her situation, the way she reacted to things, the protectiveness, and the clumsiness.

So I started to read the draft of Midnight Sun last night and I had to make myself stop. If SM does finish it I know I would regret reading it. It was SO hard to stop though!

June 2nd, 2009, 09:54 AM
I admit I read it. I will obviously buy the book. It was great!!

And yes, I, too, have to remind myself that Taylor is underage and I shouldn't be drooling over him!!!

June 2nd, 2009, 10:51 AM
Oooh! My DF share's a birthday with Robert Pattinson!!!!! They were both born May 13th!

June 2nd, 2009, 12:34 PM
Josey's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Josey
I loved Bella's character! I could definately relate especially the clumsiness. lol It's so funny that you guys mentioned Taylor...just yesterday as I was watching the trailer I had to stop and yell at myself for drooling over a 17 year old!! lol I was so ashamed...but he is just so cute!

Does anyone think that Dakota Fanning makes an awesome Jane? I swear I imagined Jane looking almost just like her....

Thanks to ~* Helen *~ for my beautiful siggy!
June 2nd, 2009, 01:16 PM
I think she will do a great job as Jane. My only concern would be her appearance changing too much for the rest of the films because she is so young.

June 2nd, 2009, 01:42 PM
I think she'll be great. Can't wait to see her in "costume".

June 2nd, 2009, 01:45 PM
I thought Hayden Panettiere would look the part pretty well too, and she is a bit older so she wouldn't change very much. Then again, I don't know how well she can play the role.

June 2nd, 2009, 04:00 PM
Oooh, I never thought of Hayden. As quickly as they are making these maybe dakota wont have enough time to hit a growth spurt! lol

June 2nd, 2009, 05:00 PM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
I have to admit (sorry jumping in here) that i am somewhat disappointed already in the New Moon Trailer... the birthday party scene is all wrong! I hope the movie is closer than what I expect!
June 2nd, 2009, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momeejenjen View Post
I have to admit (sorry jumping in here) that i am somewhat disappointed already in the New Moon Trailer... the birthday party scene is all wrong! I hope the movie is closer than what I expect!

Just curious, but what about the scene did you find "wrong"?? I noticed a few things myself, but am always up for fresh eyes. lol

June 2nd, 2009, 06:41 PM
I like it when things in the movie get changed. It's like... just seeing things from a different perspective. Obviously, I would hate if things were dramatically different, but little things I'm okay with, especially if they make the film flow better.

The only thing I *hate* is when scenes get cut or combined.

June 2nd, 2009, 07:21 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thought the trailer was great and by the way, its different scenes spliced together-- Taylor Lautner even confirmed that

I think the point of what makes the books so universal for so many ages, is that it is incredibly easy to put yourself in the emotional experience of Bella

June 2nd, 2009, 07:42 PM
What do you guys think of the new colors? On Newmoonmovie.org

June 2nd, 2009, 09:12 PM
Interesting tints.... I'll have to think about that one.

Hayden would be good in these movies.

As far as the movies matching the books, I know it's not going to happen. I hope they stick as close as they can to the book. Even though it's not going to be exact, I still like seeing it "come to life". And the movies will never be as good as the books, but I enjoy them. I like talking about the differences or what they should have done

June 2nd, 2009, 10:17 PM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lash View Post
Thanks, I change them out often!! Since I just saw Jackson on Saturday and Jasper is my fave, I'm on a Jasper icon kick right now!

Just a heads up, I posted my pictures and video from Forks trip in January in this forum
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...ht-thread.html (The everything Twilight thread)
where did you get the image where edward is going to reveal himself and bella pushes him that is in your siggie?

June 2nd, 2009, 10:50 PM
They were filming in Italy and tons of pics were snapped. Someone was nice enough to piece them together in a gif
Kristen Stewart with shirtless Robert Pattinson shooting New Moon in Italy

Here are some of the stills

Other graphics that have been made

OH the dots all over him are for digital effects, to add sparkle post filming. NO Edward did not really sparkle in New Moon, as he clearly states to Felix and Demetri that he did not break rules, but I'm sure for effects and drama they will make him sparkle

Anyone read the New Moon Script?

June 3rd, 2009, 02:04 AM
I love love love the new colors!! Haven't read the script and I don't think I would. I want to see it and be suprised.

June 3rd, 2009, 06:41 AM
I haven't read the script. I like being spoiled though

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search