Twilight Discussion

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2009, 07:00 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wanted to not be surprised-- there are a few things I'm now prepared for that I didnt want to find out in the theaters

June 3rd, 2009, 07:32 AM
mommytutu's Avatar mom to Emma & Jacqueline
Oh don't tell. I want to be surprised!

June 3rd, 2009, 07:54 AM
Logan&Sierrasmama0609's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Popping in to say I am ADDICTED to the Twilight series. I couldn't put them down when I read them and I cant wait for the new movie!!!

~*I've earned $200 worth of Amazon.com gift cards just by searching the web!*~
Join me!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jennifernpr

June 3rd, 2009, 08:14 AM
Regular
I thought the birthday party scene seemed pretty typical of Alice, with the extravagent cake and all. I'm sure there will be much more in the movie.

I know a lot of people I've talked to aren't realizing that the scene with Bella & Laurent in the meadow, is not the same scene where Jacob transforms over her running. She has different clothes on.

I also read on stephenie Meyer's site that as good and teasing as the New Moon clip was, there's so much more to the movie. I don't think we will be disappointed, they know what kind of fans they are dealing with now, versus twilight.

I also kinda like slight differences or left out things in the movie, b/c then i feel like it kind of leaves something special for the readers, like we know the secret.

About taylor being 17...i often forget that too, but i don't think there's really anything wrong with checking him out...obviously he/the directors know what they are doing when they put him on screen half naked. ha. Remember when there was that countdown site for the Olsen twins turning 18? Men can do that and no one cares. Besides i'm in my twenties, and i know some 40+ women who have made comments about him! One lady I read had a grandson his age and still admitted to thinking taylor was hot!
June 3rd, 2009, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby14 View Post

I know a lot of people I've talked to aren't realizing that the scene with Bella & Laurent in the meadow, is not the same scene where Jacob transforms over her running. She has different clothes on.
I jumped to that conclusion at first too, but after I watched it the second time around I realized it was a different scene. Needless to say it was AWESOME.

June 3rd, 2009, 12:18 PM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I figured the scenes were from different spots in the movie.

I'm 34 and Taylor is HOT!

Is there somewhere online I could read the script if I feel like being spoiled?

So, which book is everyone's favorite?

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
June 3rd, 2009, 12:21 PM
Josey's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Josey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby14 View Post

About taylor being 17...i often forget that too, but i don't think there's really anything wrong with checking him out...obviously he/the directors know what they are doing when they put him on screen half naked. ha. Remember when there was that countdown site for the Olsen twins turning 18? Men can do that and no one cares. Besides i'm in my twenties, and i know some 40+ women who have made comments about him! One lady I read had a grandson his age and still admitted to thinking taylor was hot!

LOL My neighbor and I were just talking about this. I was saying how I felt so wrong thinking he was hot because i am 8 years older than him. Then she reminded me that DH is in love with Taylor Swift and that's perfectly fine?? lol DH thinks it's wrong, but the boy is cute! You just cant deny that no matter how old you are!

Thanks to ~* Helen *~ for my beautiful siggy!
June 3rd, 2009, 12:48 PM
I feel bad about it and I'm only 4 years older than him! Ah well, it's a guilty pleasure!

I really enjoyed New Moon. If I had to pick a favorite it would be that, but really, I loved them all in different ways.

June 3rd, 2009, 01:44 PM
Hmmm....a favorite?? lol Well, I guess mine would be Breaking Dawn because I was fascinated with Renesmee and Jacob. I wish she would write one just about her. I am dying to know how she grew up and when she realized she loved Jacob.

June 3rd, 2009, 04:58 PM
Script if you want to be spoiled! You can tell its early-- Alec isnt even mentioned yet, and a scene left out has been filmed already, so we know the timeline is different. It appears very real and the reaction to those that first leaked it has been harsh (shutting down twitters and blogs by Summit)
Quote:
Or if it’s not the script, then someone has gone through an awful lot of trouble to write a 105 page fake. Actually, knowing the dedication of hardcore Twilight fans, that may not be as ridiculous as it seems.
I also have a Twilight early script if anyone wants to read that too

This one is in Word-- mine is in PDF and this one seems easier to read
New Moon Script Leaked? See For Yourself. - Super-Woman Moms

June 4th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Regular
My favorite was Eclipse...b/c its where the love triangle finally was settled and the battle was just awesome. I can't wait to see how that plays out in the movie...I have visions of Lord of the Rings-type battle scenes...but with wolves & vamps!?! how cool will that be?!

anyone else wondering how they will do the birth scene in Breaking Dawn? I know just reading about her pregnancy & the whole c-section (if u wanna call it that) made me a little queasy..i'm wondering how they will transfer it to film without being too gory or scary. All I could think was its a good thing i'm not pregnant at the time of reading it, otherwise i would prolly have had nightmares of the baby trying to escape the womb! yuck!
June 4th, 2009, 03:00 PM
I can't wait for the Breaking Dawn movie! Their wedding night, pregnancy, her change, Renesmee! I am so anxious to see how they bring it to life. I hope it's not too gross, but I don't want them to change it too much. That would seriously irritate me. Plus, seeing Bella as a vamp! OMG. I can't wait to see how they vamp her up.

June 4th, 2009, 04:13 PM
They said they are making BD very seriously PG- so they will cut the graphic nature of alot of our fave scenes

June 5th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Well, thats upsetting. GRRRRR!!

June 5th, 2009, 11:21 AM
So, are they definitely making BD into a movie??

June 5th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Bummer they are cutting the scenes. Although I think I could do without the detailed birth scene.

June 5th, 2009, 04:02 PM
CrzyJ's Avatar Member
I love twilight, So glad this got started. I have read them all twice. Lash your blinkies are awesome...... I can wait for new moon. I think that it will be great I have read some of the disscussions on other sites anout poepl complaining about the wolves, that they are too small and not mean looking. I personally think that they look great , I also think that if Stephanie didnt agree that they woudl have gotten changed. Im they would need her input on that right ?
June 5th, 2009, 09:09 PM
From what I've seen they look great. I mean, if you make them HUGE, they'd probably look weird looking, maybe fake. I dunno. Maybe not. But, I think MOST of us can understand that not everything written can be made into a movie.

June 5th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Yeah I've never been able to imagine HORSE sized wolves.. I think the size is just about right actually. I think there could be some more editing to make them appear a little more real (like editing fur) but we still have 6 months to go and we are seeing the early drafts

Stephenie Ok's almost everything and is consulted constantly

June 6th, 2009, 08:14 AM
I love it! I agree that making the wolves really big would have looked funny. I am super anxious to see the final movie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search