Twilight Discussion

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2009, 04:34 PM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a member, but don't post a lot.

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
October 7th, 2009, 02:39 AM
Lanismommy's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via ICQ to Lanismommy Send a message via MSN to Lanismommy Send a message via Yahoo to Lanismommy
After reading all the post on here I have to join in on the conversation! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Twilight and all the other books of course and can't wait for the next movie but have noticed something in watching an interview with Taylor...as far as books go I am totally team Edward like all the way (which may change now that I see this movie when I read it again) but it is so hard not to get butterflies when you see Taylor so I am thinking as far as movies go I may be team Jacob because I am too in love with him lol. Does that make any sense to any one but me? I also wanted to comment on the what age conversation. I am not a parent yet (March 2010!!!!) but I think it would go on the maturity of my child. Several of you mentioned going into a compleat tailspin after starting to read it and not being able to think about or do anything else for a while and I can totally relate. I bought Twilight with my own money and read it in two days...I did so only because I am compleatly against seeing a movie when there is a book to be read first and all my friends wanted to go see it so I read it to do so. Anyway I read the first chapter of New Moon that was in the back of my copy of Twilight, not remember this is right after the movie can out and Twlight Mania resulted, I couldn't find a copy to cheak out at school or at the public library for the life of me, I was 18 and a senior in high school and I was going crazy of course you all know where the first chapter ends....does Bella live or die right?? I asked my mom to buy if for me, when she refused because it was only a few weeks before christmas and she decided she would get them for me for Christmas I totally freaked....I cried, and beged, and I didn't talk to her for a week...My whole family thought I was crazy....thats what I call tail spin lol.... sorry I wrote a book but that is something I thought you might want to think about on the topic!!

Megan

October 8th, 2009, 04:34 PM
jasa299's Avatar Super Mommy
So glad to have found this thread. I just started reading Twilight a month ago. Since then I've read all 4 twice plus Midnight Sun. I seen the movie when it came out,but it wasn't until reading the books that I fell in love with it. Now I am an obsessed Mom. LOL I remember last year when my oldest daughter was reading it I kept asking her questions while she was reading it. So funny! Now she looks at me like I've lost my mind.

I hope with all my being that SM does come out with the full Midnight Sun. I love love loved reading it through Edwards POV. I actually like it better than the original for some reason. I wouldnt mind having all 4 books done that way. LOL but thats just me.

I cant' believe they let Rachelle go. Thats going to be hard seeing someone else portray her especially since in Eclipse she has a bigger part than NM.
October 21st, 2009, 11:26 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Does everyone know there are social groups for Twlight?

Im just asking cuz not alot of posting goes on there.. yet it seems tons of people enjoy twilight...

JustMommies Message Boards - Social Groups

They have twlight fans and twiaholic anonymous.

Hope to see you all there!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
November 15th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Not a lot of people post here and it's sad because so many of us love Twilight. And now with New Moon coming out this week... this discussion should be hopping!!!! But, nobody really knows about it.

So, who is going Fri? Sat? Sun? to see New Moon?

November 15th, 2009, 11:16 PM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was unsure about seeing New Moon. I was really let down my Twilight. And then I came across a clip and now I totally cant' wait to see it lol. I'm not sure when I'll get there though...

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

November 16th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Fan of learning
Send a message via Yahoo to One Frugal Mom
Oh.... We are going Saturday morning to see New Moon.

As long as I go in NOT expecting it to be "by the book"....I am fine. I love when my daughter goes "mom, that is not how the book went!" Let's me know she is paying attention when I read. LOL
December 5th, 2009, 04:58 PM
roving_gypsy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just finished Twilight and am a 1/4 of the way in to New Moon. I saw New Moon in theaters first, then I rented Twilight shortly after i bought the book. I really like the fact that i saw one of the movies first because then i could picture everyone and the locations while reading it.

Ok i'm going to try to go through the questions ... lol

Would i change anything about the series?
Nope, i quite like it as it is. Just the right amount of intensity, action, sorrow and everything to keep you reading (but i'm stil only just starting new moon).

Could I relate with Bella's feelings or thoughts?
Definantly! I got butterflies in my stomach and throat tensed up while reading their first touch and first kiss and such, just as it did when i met my husband and our first kiss and such. SM was really good at making you feel what Bella went through, that is something that made me want to keep reading. And i felt that i could relate to some of the way Bella made her decisions and her akwardness and clumsyness.

What do you think about the color change?
I think the color change is nice. i like the more natural colors, i wasn't too impressed with the blue tint.

Edward or Jacob? (this wasn't a question but a bit of discussion)
I'm all for Edward, I LOVE him in the books. And I really like Rob, I'm not head over heals for him and his looks (though he does have a beautiful body)... But his voice is what gets me, and what music i've found of his I'm in love with.
Jacob just isn't my type, lol, as funny as that sounds.

Most Fav. part of Twilight and least Favorite?
I'll stick the the first book since i haven't read enough of New Moon yet. My most Fav. was when they were in the ball feild and Carlisle included Bella in the family when doing the introductions. My least favorite part in the book was how Edward handled the phone call on their way to the prom when whats his name called (lol sorry i've blanked), i think he could have responded a little nicer. LOL But then again, what he said was something my husband would have said and i would have hit him in the arm or something while he was on the phone. So it's really not that bad of a part.

What age would i let my kids Read the book? and the Movie?
I'd probably let my kids watch the movies first in their early teens, then probably around 15 or so i'd probably say they could read the first few and judge it from there.

OK well I think thats it. loL I'm loving the books!! I'm going to check out some of the links posted.

Ask me about dōTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils!

Or click on the picture above to visit my Facebook page!

December 5th, 2009, 09:11 PM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I saw New Moon a couple weeks ago and LOVED it. SO much better than Twilight. I can not wait for it to come out on DVD.

I find it interesting that some of you wouldn't let your kids watch it until their teens (no judgment just find it interesting) My oldest DS is 3 and loves to watch Twilight lol. And now he's constantly asking to watch the trailers from New Moon. He loves the wolves! He'll probably be watching the movie more than I will when I buy it

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

January 27th, 2010, 10:17 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I hated twilight the movie. Loved all the books. LOVE NEW MOON. Not for its good plotline, since it left out a ton of stuff from the book.. but hell the half naked werwolves kinda made up for it... lol

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
January 29th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Hey everyone!!! Just checking in!

New question: Is anyone planning on buying the Twilight graphic novel coming out soon?

January 30th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
Talia, I was going to ask the same thing! lol
I might buy it because I collect Twilight stuff.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
January 30th, 2010, 10:00 PM
LOL Hope!!! I got a peek at it in the Entertainment Weekly magazine last week, but I'm not sure I'd read it. I'm not really a "comic book" type person. But, I think it's neat how the characters look are how Stephenie Meyer sees them.

February 22nd, 2010, 08:40 PM
VTmomma's Avatar Cool Momma
I am so excited you all have a thread dedicated to Twilight. My daughters & I love the books & movies.

I have read the series 3 times. We went to the midnight premier of New Moon & will also do the midnight premier for Eclipse.

March 1st, 2010, 02:19 PM
Glad you found us. Help me get it going again

I'm hoping to see the midnight premier of Eclipse. It's hard with 5 kids, one being an infant and a husband who wants to see it with me... who is going to babysit the kids?? LOL! I'm hoping since Eclipse is out in the summer, maybe he'll be okay with me taking our oldest daughter to the midnight one. And then I can go with him at another time.

March 1st, 2010, 05:07 PM
Josey's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Josey
I'll jump in here. lol A friend and I are planning on attending the midnight of Eclipse as well. SOO excited about it! Does anyone plan on seeing Remember Me just to see the trailer for Eclipse?? lol

Thanks to ~* Helen *~ for my beautiful siggy!
March 1st, 2010, 09:40 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The trailer will hit a few days before on the internet in case anyone can't make it to Remember Me. I'll have a link in my siggie, to go to the Twilight Blog. If it leaks even earlier than the official release, look for the link because I might have it early

March 2nd, 2010, 10:41 AM
So, anyone planning any other Twilight activities this year?? A friend and I are going to our first convention in June and I am super excited about it. It will be great to be around other fans and seeing Kellan won't be too bad either!

March 3rd, 2010, 01:29 PM
Probably won't go see the movie. Have enough trouble getting out to see the Twilight ones

I'll keep an eye on your signature. I'm sure it'll be out and leaked soon...

Are you all buying New Moon in 17 days?

March 5th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Of course! However I can't decide which one to buy! Why do they need to
make so many different ones? lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search