Twilight Discussion

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2010, 07:25 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do they have one with a digital download? That's the one I like. Blu-ray, regular, download... not sure if they have it though.

Eclipse trailer: YouTube - THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE - Trailer

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
March 16th, 2010, 12:11 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I didn't read through all 4 pages of this, but I did read the first page, then this one.

As far as the age goes...I took my 2 and 4 year old to see New Moon with me (couldn't find a sitter and friends wanted me to go). My 2 year old slept through it but my 4 year old watched. With a little explaining that they were not REAL werewolves (just guys in costumes) he was ok with everything. I see no problem in them watching it. He got SOOO excited the other day when he saw the commercial saying they were releasing it on DVD! He came running up to me saying "that movie with a pack of wolves - you know the ones that are in costumes, not real wolves - it's coming out on DVD....can we buy it???? PLEEEEASE!!!!" I had to laugh at his enthusiasm! So yes...we will be buying it the day it is released...now I just have to decide which version to buy!

March 16th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Hey Amy

Found this about the different versions: NEW MOON DVD GUIDE - Twilight Saga Eclipse Movie Fansite

Seems like each store wants their own special edition. I think it sucks that I can't just pay more money and get everything

March 18th, 2010, 09:06 PM
My3Boys64's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I read all the books about a month ago and I miss them so much I am contemplatin reading them all over again - even though I have many other books I want to read. I am just addicted! I think I would not change a thing about the books, except the fact that they end! LOL
I am not satisfied - I want more!
I have only seen Twilight and I was happy with all the characters except Rosalie, I also think she should have been more beautiful. Not that shes not pretty - just not the way Stephanie describes her in my opinion. But all the other characters where perfect! I liked the tone of the movie and the scenery fit the mood of the book well - I think they may have focused a bit too much on the mushy romantic stuff, especially in the New Moon trailers I have seen. Its a love story but its a serious one - I don't like to see it portrayed as a simple teenage romance. I have a thing for Jasper - I always like the dangerous guys : ) And I think Alice is adorable!

Danielle - Mama to William 02-05-08, Jackson 11-20-09 & Mason 09-08-11.

Last edited by My3Boys64; March 18th, 2010 at 09:08 PM.
March 19th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Borders is having a New Moon midnight DVD release party tonight. Anyone going?

Jenn
March 19th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Our Borders is too far. We're looking at Target, Best Buy and Walmart to see what they're doing tonight.

March 19th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our Borders party was HORRIBLE. Can't even describe how horrible.

However, here is the exclusive clip of Eclipse footage from the Walmart DVD

March 20th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Awesome, thanks!!!
The Wal-Mart party wasn't good either. Got there about 10:55pm. Was about the 11th in line. It filled up quickly as time went on... very long line. They had cake and punch. At 12:01am, the line started moving. We got the Edward aluminum water bottle as our free prize. However, they did NOT have the Ultimate fan edition. We were very upset. We got the regular one. But, today, we went to Target and got the 2 disc Blu-ray. We'll return the Wal-Mart one.

So, now, thanks to you, I've seen the 7 minute Wal-Mart thing and then the Target one came with the deleted scenes. So, now I have to see the Borders extended scenes.

March 30th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I just read this and thought I'd share....

Twilight' author Meyer has novella coming soon

Attention "Twilight" fans: Stephenie Meyer has a new book coming out.

Little, Brown Books for Young Readers will release "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner" on June 5.

The novella is told from the viewpoint of Bree, a newborn vampire featured in "Eclipse." That's one of the books in Meyer's best-selling teen-vampire saga.

Jenn
March 30th, 2010, 10:58 AM
LOL!! I just posted this in the main board... I didn't even look up here

March 30th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Great minds think alike!

I wasn't sure whether to post it here or on the main board. I guess between the two of us, we've got both covered!

Jenn
April 1st, 2010, 06:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I just read this on her site - I thought it was pretty cool of her. I've also posted this on the main board.

There was one thing I asked for: since this story had always been an extra for me, and was meant to be released with the Guide, I wanted to be able to offer it to my fans for free. You all have bought a ton of my books, and I wanted to give you this story as a gift. My publisher was awesome and embraced this idea. We still wanted to also produce a physical book with a cool cover that you can add to your set if you like, but starting at noon on June 7th until July 5th, it will also be available online at Coming June 5, 2010! at www. breetanner .com.

Jenn
April 1st, 2010, 01:26 PM
That is very kewl. I think I will be buying the book though, gotta have a full matching set

April 23rd, 2010, 12:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
New Twilight Eclipse Trailer shown during Oprah.

It looks good! Enjoy!

Jenn
April 23rd, 2010, 12:57 PM
Awesome. Thanks!

July 23rd, 2010, 04:51 PM
Hunni
wow I am late to this, but how did I not know there was a Twilight thread
anyway hi (if anyone still checks this lol) I'm Trudy 27 and a huge huge huge Twi-hard it's sad really and omg I think i'm in love a place to talk Twilight
July 23rd, 2010, 08:55 PM
Hi Trudy. I'm Talia. I still check in here Really wish it would get moving, there's always something Twilight related going on to talk about

July 24th, 2010, 04:24 AM
Hunni
I know there is always something related to it, I could spend most days talking Twilight I mean it's just such an amazing story although I was severly disapointed with the first two movies I was so happy with Eclipse though especially since it's my fave book of all of them they got it just right I think
July 24th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I post most of my Twi discussion topics now on my blog and discuss there, so I forget to post it here too!

July 24th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Hunni
ha for me i talk twilight to anyone anywhere...any one wants PM me to talk everything and anything Twilight

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search