Anyone else read about Crimes?

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2006, 09:48 AM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
so I read something totally out of the ordinary mainly probably because I'm just intrigued by whodunnits especially when it's true fact stuff.

Site I go on sometimes is about crimes so it may be somewhat triggering to some, so please be aware that there might be some content disturbing to you:

Anyone else read up on this stuff, just out of curiousity or to get more information after possibly seeing movies based on it?

Link below for anyone who wants to have a look:

Crime Library

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
March 22nd, 2006, 08:43 AM
mrobinson
Great website! I've never been on it before.. I just bookmarked it! (I also wondered how and why so I've been into reading this sort of thing since I was TOO young to be reading this stuff!)
March 22nd, 2006, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Great website! I've never been on it before.. I just bookmarked it! (I also wondered how and why so I've been into reading this sort of thing since I was TOO young to be reading this stuff!)[/b]
I think the intrigue for me is what the heck goes on in their minds and what makes them tick ... I also like following the investigations as well.

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
March 24th, 2006, 10:16 AM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
cool site - i just bookmarked too!
i like investigative type books and things. i think my favorties are from Patricia Cornwell.
March 31st, 2006, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to cwatson Send a message via Yahoo to cwatson
So I just found this part of JM... and I must say I'm TOO EXCITED for my own good!

One of my favorite genres to read is true crime. I must say if you enjoy true crime books the one writer I'm loyal too and will read all her books before long is Ann Rule! I highly recommend her if you haven't read her works.

The Ann Rule book you should start with is called "The Stranger Beside Me" It's about Ted Bundy, she normally doesn't write about the BIG cases as they already get so much coverage but of the ones that no one hears about but that are so devasting. The reason she took the Ted Bundy book is that she got the deal before the investigators knew that it was Ted Bundy... She worked with him on a crisis hotline.... it's a very unique take on such a notorious crime!

She also does a lot of background on the criminals... it gives you WAY more insight into the criminals mind... which is my favorite part I must say!

I'm currently reading about The West Side Rapist out of Cleveland, Ohio as I live in Ohio...

I'm going now to check out the site you linked... I'm sure I'll love it!!! Cursed firewall at work won't let me look at it... I'll definitely take a look at it tonight at home!

~Carol

April 1st, 2006, 04:58 AM
Quote:
So I just found this part of JM... and I must say I'm TOO EXCITED for my own good!

One of my favorite genres to read is true crime. I must say if you enjoy true crime books the one writer I'm loyal too and will read all her books before long is Ann Rule! I highly recommend her if you haven't read her works.

The Ann Rule book you should start with is called "The Stranger Beside Me" It's about Ted Bundy, she normally doesn't write about the BIG cases as they already get so much coverage but of the ones that no one hears about but that are so devasting. The reason she took the Ted Bundy book is that she got the deal before the investigators knew that it was Ted Bundy... She worked with him on a crisis hotline.... it's a very unique take on such a notorious crime!

She also does a lot of background on the criminals... it gives you WAY more insight into the criminals mind... which is my favorite part I must say!

I'm currently reading about The West Side Rapist out of Cleveland, Ohio as I live in Ohio...

I'm going now to check out the site you linked... I'm sure I'll love it!!! Cursed firewall at work won't let me look at it... I'll definitely take a look at it tonight at home!

~Carol[/b]
oooh cool ... hope you check out the link in my main post with Crime Library ... its got EVERYTHING in there related to true crimes ... from the getgo throughout preliminary investigations, forensics, biographies of the offenders, medical histories, reopening of crimes, full detail court proceedings, and a whole lot of stuff!

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
April 4th, 2006, 07:47 AM
amymarie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to amymarie Send a message via MSN to amymarie Send a message via Yahoo to amymarie
Omgosh I love that site!! Thanks!!

Billy Lewis: The Heart of the Light!

<div align="center"></div>
April 4th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Omgosh I love that site!! Thanks!![/b]
yvw

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic