If you could meet any writer,

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
dead or alive, who would it be?
December 12th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
J.K. Rowling, I'd pick her brain about how she wrote Harry Potter.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
December 14th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Have you read Harry, A History by Melissa Anelli? In her book, she walks us through the different fansites, fanfiction, premieres, interviews with Jo Rowling, a Potter film set, podcasts and so much more. Reading this book was like re-living the Potter craze. I loved being to able to get a sneak peak at being an insider.
December 14th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
NO, oh my goodness, I'll have to look at Borders when I go today. Thanks for the reccomendation!

I do have A Muggle's guide to the Wizarding world by Fiona Boyle. It only goes up to the 5th book, so it's a little out of date, but I love it and I'm keeping it forever. I got it from my best friend at the time and it remindes me of the huge Potter Craze. I was right in the middle of the craze. I'd dress up for the midnight releases (both the books and the movies). I'll be going to the last two midnight showings of Harry Potter 7. But then it'll be over.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
December 15th, 2009, 05:37 PM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
J.K. Rowling would be pretty neat to meet I have to agree. Also Danielle Steel. She's wrote sooo many books and just keeps coming up with ideas.

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

December 16th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes, Danielle Steel is so prolific! I used to read her books. I don't think there are many I haven't read. Except the ones she's written in the last handful of years, which I'm sure is a lot.
December 19th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Super Mommy
I'd love to meet Stephen King or Diana Gabaldon
December 19th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm kinda afraid to meet Stephen King. His books are amazing... and scary. He has to have some twisted mind to write the books to write the books that he does. But I've read that he's just a normal guy where he lives.
December 19th, 2009, 11:46 PM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Stephen King and Dean Koontz are both amazing writers...and both a little scary lol. Oh! And R.L Stine. I used to love his books when I was younger. I'd be a little intimidated to meet all three....

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

December 20th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Dean Koontz is another favorite of mine. Now he doesn't scare me as much as Stephen King does. Yes, there are a few books here and there that I was taken aback by, but for the most part, not too bad.

Jenn

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search