Audiobooks?

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2010, 07:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you listen to books on tape/CD?

Do you count them on your book list?

Any favorite readers?
January 22nd, 2010, 12:10 PM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't listen to them. They either read way to slow or the voice creeps me out lol

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

January 22nd, 2010, 01:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know what you mean. But I think the reader for the Harry Potter series, Jim Dale, is amazing. He does voices for each of the characters and they are all different. I keep wondering how on earth does he keep all the voices straight and not mix them up. I keep meaning to look up what other books he reads. He's that good.

Jenn

Last edited by Tweetybabies; January 27th, 2010 at 06:32 AM.
January 26th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I sometimes do the audio books, I prefer to read them to myself but if I come across an audio version I'll listen to it. There's actually one book that I haven't been able to find in a non-audio version, I know it's out there I'm just too lazy to find it.

PS. I've been meaning to get the Harry Potter Series in Audio (or at least borrow it) so I can hear for myself the voices Jim Dale does. I've heard he's really good.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
January 26th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Matilda's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well i only just introduced myself to audio books in the last month.

I find that when I have a lot of house work to do, then I listen to the audio book and do my housework.

Sometimes the voices work, and other times it just doesn't. I read... err... listened to a book called 'confession of a reformed dieter' and that was read by the author, and because I already knew her voice (was the host of australia's biggest loser), it was ok. Really good book too.
January 27th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I tried listening to The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I have no idea who read it. Whoever it was had such a depressing and somber voice which I guess was apropos to the story, but I was about to fall asleep at the wheel after a few minutes! Not good at all!

Jenn
January 27th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Arya's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've only heard one audiobook, it was nice. I haven't tried any other ones, I love reading too much
January 27th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *vi
I don't usually listen to audio books. But I listenned to all the Twilight series books (after I had already read them) because I wanted something to listen to at the gym. It made me able to walk longer and go longer on machines because I was able to listen to a good book. I'm going to try downloading a couple more when i go back to the gym next month.

Due March 29th
Team Green!
January 27th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I started listening to audiobooks because I was getting tired of listening to the Wiggles in the car! My kids were very fascinated by Harry Potter. I've tried listening to other books on CD but it's been difficult to find something that was also language appropriate for my kids who are generally in the car with me.

Jenn

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search