Book Club book suggestions?

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd really like to get the book club up and running. I think it would be something fun for the board. I know there was interest in the past. I hope there is still some interest. But first we need some suggestions as to what book we should read. It would be great if we could get a list going, a suggestion from each person. Then I could set up a poll by the end of the week so that we could vote on a book to read for February.

So, what book would you like to nominate for book club????

Jenn
January 26th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd like to nominate the book I'm reading now, The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.

Jenn
January 26th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll nominate the book I've requested from my library: Time Travelers Wife I've actually got to request it, all the copies are checked out right now.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
January 27th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I wonder if The Time Traveler's Wife got boosted into the limelight b/c of the movie. Hey, if it gets more people to read, I'm all for it!

Jenn
January 27th, 2010, 07:56 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Im interested. Im in the process of moving to another town in which DH has already showed me the giant library I shall practically live in lol. plus there is a good will there and ive already purchased two books from them and they have a huge selection so im sure I can find whatever I need.

"THe host" by stephanie meyer is a good book.

and anything by Karen Marie Moning. I've read two of her books and Id love to read more if I can get my hands on them.

Is there a certain genre we are looking at? THe host is about aliens... and karen moning, the ones ive read were about druids and faeries. see what gets my interest lol.

Im currently reading, "Skin' by Ben Mezrich, and its an xfiles book.. so.. lol yeah thats my genre... but I'll read anything.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
January 28th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Great suggestions so far! No, no particular genre. I just hope to generate some good conversation about the book!

So far we've got:
The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
The Host by Stephenie Meyer

I'm going to wait a couple more days and then set up a poll so we can select a book for February!

Thanks,
Jenn

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search