January Roll Call - Members & Lurkers!

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about starting this late. I just wanted to see who is here! Come out and say hi!

Name:
Birthday:
What's your favorite genre?
Are you a reader or a writer? Or both?
Is there anything special you would like to see on this board?
Is there anything else you want us to know?

I'll start!

Name: Jenn
Birthday: September 27
What's your favorite genre? Mystery/Thriller
Are you a reader or a writer? Or both? Reader
Is there anything special you would like to see on this board? I'd love to see more members and to get the book club going.
Is there anything else you want us to know? I have 3 wonderful, active boys who drive me crazy. They love books like I do, so I guess I'll keep them.
January 26th, 2010, 07:27 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Veann
Birthday: May 23
What's your favorite genre? I don't really have one. I like books of all types.
Are you a reader or a writer? Or both? Reader
Is there anything special you would like to see on this board? No
Is there anything else you want us to know? I'm still working my way through the Left Behind series.

January 26th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Name: RJ
Birthday: September 25th
What's your favorite genre? I don't really think I have one, I love history books though.
Are you a reader or a writer? Or both? Both, I love writing
Is there anything special you would like to see on this board? hmmmm I can't think of anything right now.
Is there anything else you want us to know? not that I can think of

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
January 26th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Matilda's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
thanks to Jen for letting me know that I was apart of this board... i totally forgot.. opps

Name: Matilda
Birthday: 13th June 1980
What's your favorite genre? Chick Lit
Are you a reader or a writer? I'm more of a reader, but when I do write it tends to be more poems.
Is there anything special you would like to see on this board? Would be fun if we all participated in a story. Like a 3 word story, where every person can only post 3 words, and the next person has to continue on.
Is there anything else you want us to know? um... i'm a bit of a blogger at the moment. Blog is in my siggie.
January 27th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Arya's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name: Daniela
Birthday: May 29
What's your favorite genre? Anything except science fiction
Are you a reader or a writer? Or both? Both, I love writing poems, but I haven't written one in a while
Is there anything special you would like to see on this board? I don't know hehe
Is there anything else you want us to know? I'm getting married on Saturday!
January 27th, 2010, 09:38 AM
**Badfish**'s Avatar Worth Saving
Name: Jess
Birthday: Dec. 8
What's your favorite genre? YA
Are you a reader or a writer? Or both? Both
Is there anything special you would like to see on this board? More posting
Is there anything else you want us to know? I <3 John Green.

January 27th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
Name: Jesi
Birthday: September 2
What's your favorite genre? Uh, I don't know I like a lot, right now I'm into history books because of the classes I'm taking. I like Harry Potter's,Dragon Lance, Sookie Stackhouse novels, Abarat series, Dean Koontz' Odd series, Edge Chronicles, and many others.
Are you a reader or a writer? Or both? I read and write, though more reading now than anything else, the only things I've written lately are essays for class.
Is there anything special you would like to see on this board?I don't really know what else can be added, I haven't been here in a while.
Is there anything else you want us to know? My favorite book of all time is The Giver by Lois Lowry. I'm a stay at home mom to 3 kids (8, 6, 14 months), I'm a full time college freshman History major. If I'm not on, I'm super busy with classes.

Scarlett Diane

January 27th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *vi
Hi! I'm a lurker...

Name: Vienna
Birthday: Jan. 6
What's your favorite genre? Fiction (most kinds)
Are you a reader or a writer? Or both? I'm both! I love to read and to write but I haven't written anything in what seems like forever!
Is there anything special you would like to see on this board? nothing I can think of.
Is there anything else you want us to know? I'm hoping to stop lurking and start joining in If you'll have me!

January 27th, 2010, 08:37 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Jan is almost over... but Im here

Name: Lesha
Birthday: August 25

What's your favorite genre? I like everything... really. I love anything with faeries or aliens... action.. mystery, thrilling.. adventure... just not plain ole love, I can handle love mixed in with other stuff... like if Twlight was just about Bella being in love with her vampire stalker and there were no werewolves or killers after them, I would have hated it.

Are you a reader or a writer? Or both? both!

Is there anything special you would like to see on this board? I was going to say a place for writers.. but I see there is one!! I gotta go check that out!!! wow!

I too would like to see this board more active. Thats why I kinda fell out of it in the first place.. but Jenn reeled me in! Great host there.

I dont like that there is a twilight discussion sticky, because its gets lost in the posts.. and its hard to back track through posts... id rather there be a board.. or we just ask random twilight stuff on the main board... since its not as phenonomal as it was at first... thats just me though...

and I love Matildas idea of a story for everyone to write.

I have twitter, FB and Myspace, yet I only tweet and it updates my status on all three. Im lazy... lol

Im writing a brutally long twilight fan fic....

I have written and havent finished a childrens book. (too involved in my twilight fan fic.. lol im sad...)

Im mommy to two boys, Stone and Mason who are 14 mths apart and drive me mad... but as Jenn said, I guess I'll keep them.

Congrats Arya!!

Cheezepoofs, I loved the left behind series! really made me think... exspecially now that times are getting hard....

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
January 28th, 2010, 07:44 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacup Addict View Post
Cheezepoofs, I loved the left behind series! really made me think... exspecially now that times are getting hard....
I think they are good books, but I am an atheist; so the religion/ theology in them are a bit tedious for me. I knew this about the series before I picked it up to read again. I had started it years ago and never made it through to the end. I want to finish the series; but because I can't remember the first eleven books, I have to reread them before I can read the last one (or however many more there are - there are a few pre and sequels that have been added). I do enjoy the non-religious portions of the book and think they are pretty captivating.

January 28th, 2010, 01:04 PM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Jen
Birthday: December 4
What's your favorite genre? I don't think I have a favorite...unless smut counts LOL j/k (maybe)
Are you a reader or a writer? Or both? Both!
Is there anything special you would like to see on this board? I'd love to see it more active too
I have two amazing little boys Hayden and Nicholas, who are 20 months apart. And I'm pretty sure they're life mission right now is to drive me mental before they even reach the teen years. By then I'll need to be in a rubber room lol

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

January 29th, 2010, 01:29 AM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Angela
Birthday: July 13, 1976
What's your favorite genre? Tough choice, I love horror and I love historical books
Are you a reader or a writer? Or both? Both
Is there anything special you would like to see on this board? I haven't had a chance to look around yet lol.
Is there anything else you want us to know? I've had the longest writer's block (15 years)

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

January 29th, 2010, 11:56 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the "come on back" Jenn! I'll try and check in here more often.

Name:Talia
Birthday:Jan 12th
What's your favorite genre? young adult (even though I'm 35)
Are you a reader or a writer? Or both? BOTH
Is there anything special you would like to see on this board? Just more participation.
Is there anything else you want us to know? I have 5 girls (the 5th one is only 3 weeks old), cohost the Moms of Girls board, I love reading, I love writing. I am not too good at punctuation. I love to write young adult drama. Not sure if I'll ever get published, but I enjoy writing it anyway.

I love the Twilight series. I also loved the Left Behind series. I have lots of books on my shelves that I enjoy reading more than once. I would rather buy a book then borrow from the library.

Guess that's about it

Oh, I do have a blog - mainly pregnancy and baby related stuff right now. I do have FB - but I like to know a person at least a little before adding them. Feel free to PM me if I disappear. Sometimes I just forget to check other boards.

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search