Favorite quote from a book?

Forum: Readers and Writers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Readers and Writers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you have a favorite line from a book? One that really speaks to you or just makes you laugh?
January 27th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Pretty much anything Fred and George say in Harry Potter, I love the Twins.

I'd have to think hard for a favorite line......

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
January 27th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
These are two quotes I really like. I like the sentiments behind them. I don't know what books they are from. I read the one from James Patterson from the book itself but I can't remember which. And the Dr Seuss was in a friend's siggy but I love it. I'm not even sure if it was actually in a Dr Seuss book or just a quote from him.

Imagine life is a game in which you are juggling five balls. The balls are called work, family, health, friends, and integrity....one day you finally come to understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. The other four balls --- family, health, friends, integrity --- are made of glass. If you drop one of these, it will be irrevocably scuffed, nicked, perhaps even shattered. And once you truly understand the lesson of the five balls, you will have the beginnings of balance in your life. ~James Patterson

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr Seuss

Jenn

Last edited by Tweetybabies; January 27th, 2010 at 11:43 AM.
January 27th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *vi
There are many that I love, but here are just a couple

"You held out your hand, and I took it without stopping to make sense of what I was doing. For the first time in almost a century, I felt hope."

- Jasper Whitlock-Hale; Eclipse

"And while I was talking, the idea of actually losing Peeta hit me again and I realized how much I don't want him to die. And it's not about the sponsors. And it's not about what will happen when we get home. And it's not just that I don't want to be alone. It's him. I do not want to lose the boy with the bread."

- Katniss Everdeen; The Hunger Games

"My name was Salmon, like the fish; first name, Susie. I was fourteen when I was murdered on December 6, 1973."

-Susie Salmon; The Lovely Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweetybabies View Post
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr Seuss
That's great! I love that quote!

Due March 29th
Team Green!

Last edited by *vi; January 27th, 2010 at 01:06 PM.
January 27th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *vi View Post
"My name was Salmon, like the fish; first name, Susie. I was fourteen when I was murdered on December 6, 1973."

-Susie Salmon; The Lovely Bones
This quote gives me the chills. It's the first line of The Lovely Bones, isn't it? Such a sad book.

Jenn
January 27th, 2010, 08:50 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Love the dr suess line Jenn!

This is a piece from a book a just finished reading, called Spell of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning.

It just makes me laugh...

this is about a seriously hot scottish druid.

"...she was trying to keep her mind off sex,which, with him around, was like trying not to think about chocolate while sitting in a person-sized fondue pot of the dark, creamy stuff, surround by flowering cacao trees."

and im sure there are tons more that I love both from Karen Moning and other authors but I cant think right now.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search